“Affordable price, best service”

Thai Square Mansion House
Ranked #8,946 of 24,832 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 51
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Thai food is becoming more and more popular internationally, gaining recognition as one of the world's greatest cuisines, because of its authenticity. To serve the rapidly expending number of devotees of Thai food in all parts of the world, the recipes development section of Thai Square, the leading group of Thai restaurant in UK, has conducted extensive research. Compiling more than a thousand recipes for both traditional and contemporary Thai dishes, now offering a selection of these in all Thai Square restaurants. Thai food in Thai Square is not only highly appetizing, but also very nutritious. For this reason we have chosen dishes that are low in fat and nutritionally well balanced. Thai Square presents carefully selected recipes, which are deliciously tasty and meet a variety of dietary needs as indicated in our menus. This makes it easy for you to choose the dishes best suited to your health.
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I went for dinner with my clients. We had the gold set menu and there were more than enough! The food came in a massive portion both starters and main courses. Wine and food are affordable. Really nice atmosphere and great service. The waitresses are helpful and smiley. I recommend this restaurant for business meal and definitely revisit soon!

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback. It pleases our whole team to hear that you are happy with your experience with Thai Square. Our team strives to provide the best quality of services and food to all of our customers, and we will continuously improve ourselves. I hope that you will find your next visit more satisfactory, and feel free to join our social media pages for the latest promotions. Please email me directly for further inquiries and I am looking forward to seeing you again at Thai Square.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I came here with my family and almost from the offset had a bad vibe. The staff were very unfriendly (including bumping us whilst eating more than once!), they did not remember who had ordered what and put down our dishes in front of whoever.

They had run out of Prosecco, but when asking for wine recommendations (or tasters) they became rude and judgemental.

The food itself was fine.

But we did not enjoy the dining experience due to the cold service. Therefore we decided not to pay the full discretionary tip (we still paid most of it), however it became an interrogation as to why we did not pay the full tip.

I will therefore never dine with this chain restaurant and deter any of my friends from doing the same.

Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent visit at Thai Square. I am sorry that our services did not meet your expectation, and I believe that this is an isolated case. Our team is committed to provide the best quality of services to every customer, and I am sure that they will continue to improve themselves to rectify this mistake. I hope to see you again at Thai Square in the near future, and deliver you a more satisfactory experience. Please feel free to contact me directly with any question. I am happy to address them personally.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We fancied Thai so went along to Thai square. The starters were just about ok. Normally I get excited by Thai starters but today I wasn’t convinced . The chicken satay seemed most disappointing. The duck spring rolls were poor. The salt and pepper squid wasn’t bad and the dim sum okayish. Mains again, were struggling to be good. The pad Thai wasn’t enjoyed and the red and green curries were passable but no more. Service was good and very friendly . Overall experience disappointing

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on our performance. It is our commitment to improve ourselves continuously, your feedback are thus very much valued. We hope to provide a better experience for you next visit at Thai Square, and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have. It would be my pleasure to address them promptly and personally.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I have eaten a few times at the Mansion House Thai Square in the past and often at the St Albans branch. On this occasion I visited for dinner as part of a fairly large group of work colleagues on a very cold February evening. This is a large restaurant and was probably only about a quarter full.

As with all the Thai Square branches the decor is smart in a rather 'heavy' Thai style. They tend to change the menu slightly on a fairly regular basis with all the standard Thai dishes and some more unusual chefs specials. Prices tend to be a little more expensive than some other Thai restaurants in my experience but the food and service is usually very good.

On this occasion I was a little disappointed. My starter of salt and pepper squid was very good. However the main of marinated pork with spicy sauce was rather on the tough side. The service was also a little erratic (even allowing for it being a big group) with main courses arriving over an extended period with several people including myself finding a long gap between the main and the accompanying rice arriving.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you very much for your review. Thai Square is always committed to offer the best quality of services and authentic Thai food to our customers, and therefore, our team could make further improvement continuously. Your review is important for our cause. I hope that you will give us another chance to make your next visit more satisfactory. Feel free to email me with any question that you may have. I am very pleased to offer my assistance at any time.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is big, well laid out, clean and has a very nice atmosphere. Always busy. Attracts a lot of large groups. Menu is big with a lot of options. Quite pricey but I suppose given the area, it would be. Food is generally good and portion size reasonable. The food does tend to come out really quickly and sometimes, the food is often luke warm, cold so they need to work on this. Whilst the food is good, it's not the best Thai. It lacks something, spice, or flavours. Service is OK. Some staff helpful and friendly whereas others less so. Would recommend if you are in the area but don't make a special trip.

What a wonderful news to hear that you are satisfied with your last visit at Thai Square. We always try our hardest to offer the best that we can to all of our customers. Your feedback is a great recognition of our team’s effort, and I will congratulate on their success personally. I hope to see you again at Thai Square in the near future, and feel free to email me with any concern that you may have.