“A south Kensington gem ”
Review of Iddu

Iddu
Reserve with OpenTable
Iddu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,886 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a regular coffee drinker and this quaint breakfast and brunch spot for me has some of the simplest yet high quality Sicilian inspired cuisine . Magnifico!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I went to Iddu for lunch, nice cosy restaurant with relatively ok dishes... but everything becomes secondary when you have such a terrible service... the waitress has no idea of how to treat customers in a restaurant, very rude and impatient... felt like she was making us a favour in taking our orders and bringing us the food.

Never again obviously...

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I accidentally crashed into Iddu one evening and got a great meal: the waiter insisted I try the tuna tartar - and he was right, it was absolutely superb!

However, sitting there on my own I happened to watch the staff work the reservations: I can only feel pity for the clients who were called to let them know their reservation is cancelled - because a friend of the owners had walked thru the door and needed a table...! (I’m sure this is not the explanation the original customers were given on the phone, though.)

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Pooped in with my wife around 5pm for a coffee (having been previously for dinner); the place was practically empty, and the staff clearly wanted to keep it that way. Not welcoming: greeted with a confrontational statement that the kitchen was shut - we said we were actually popping in for a coffee.
We asked for a thick hot chocolate (apparently they were unfamiliar with the concept of 'thick') and a cappuccino - bearing in mind this is an Italian cafe / restaurant, the coffee was served in a very large cup, so it was all milk (couldn't even taste the coffee). The hot chocolate was not only gloopy, but frankly undrinkable. When we queried it, and asked if she had tried it, the waitress who had made it was very confrontational and said that it was 'good'! The two waitresses and the waiter then chatted to each other in Italian making glances at us, knowing that we were not happy with the drinks, but clearly not caring in the slightest.
When we went to pay, we said the hot chocolate wasn't good, but they just stared and shrugged and handed me the bill - the arrogance / couldn't care less attitude was so startling in this day and age - it was a revelation that it still exists; when I asked them if they didn't even care if their customers didn't like the products, the waiter just couldn't care less. It is quite rare to come across such appalling service where the entire staff (at 5pm on a Tuesday afternoon) need to go to basic training to learn about basic manners and customer service - an intensive month's training of 'the customer is right' might not be enough.. Shame, because the decor is promising.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

After a lot of walking and shopping, you are looking for a nice location to relax .
Friendly service, good variety of bakery . Fine special coffee .
A good place for us.

Been to Iddu? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK