“highly recommend”

Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tangia is an independent family run trendy restaurant serving Moroccan and Mediterranean dishes with a modern gourmet twist. We also have seating for those seeking a coffee or just a drink from the bar. On walking through the doors of Tangia, you will experience a welcoming ambience that will make you feel relaxed yet excited about what is to come. Order from our extensive menu and be amazed by the flavours running through your mouth. Our menu accommodates for all food eaters,. The restaurant seats 42 people and is beautifully decorated with Moroccan themed artwork throughout the business. The name Tangia comes from a clay cooking pot traditionally used in Morocco to prepare slow cooked meat dishes (stews). The same word is also used for the stew which is cooked in this pot.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Very good food. Very nice staff. delicious cocktails Every dish served beautifully on a plate. Will go again

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We were a party of 20, seated very comfortably. The place looked lovely. It was so easy to book and we were given a really good deal. Staff were very attentive. Did not wait long for the starters, mains were served in good time as well as the dessert. The lamb shank was to die for and the chocolate fondant was a hit with everybody. We had a great time and would definitely come back.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My uncle is from Morocco and cooks us homemade tagine and it's safe to say the food I had at Tangia is up to par. It's very authentic and delicious. The chicken and potatoes were so tender - cooked perfectly. It was my friends first time having Moroccan food and she's sold! The service was friendly and attentive, but not overboard. The food came out within 10-15 minutes of ordering. I can't really fault anything. The chicken tagine comes with olives and lemon so I asked potatoes to be added - done with no fuss or extra cost which was really kind. Told the family when I got home and we're coming back again tonight!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I left this restaurant no less than an hour ago and have rushed home to write a review. Honestly delicious! Every mouthful got better and better. We had the squid and halloumi tart to start followed by the mixed grill and Moroccan burger. I would safely say this was the best burger I have had!
The chef and owner even came out to introduce himself and ask how everything was.
Could not fault it!
Also apologies for the lack of main course photos I was too excited to start!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Where do you start? A warm welcome, great service, a delicious looking menu, great tasting food, lovely decor and spotlessly clean!?!? This place has it all and when you think it is time to leave after you have eaten, the chef/owner comes out and speaks to you to see if you enjoyed the experience, which was a lovely touch! This was the my first time at taNgia, but with an experience like this it won't be the last! Keep up the good work!