“Rude staff and terrible service”

Yi-Ban - Royal Albert Dock
Reserve with OpenTable
Yi-Ban - Royal Albert Dock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,327 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 49
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: View, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food is rancid and the waiter are extremely rude. This is by far the worst place I've ever the (mis)fortune of dining.

1  Thank Matteo T

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were until recently a regular visitor to the resturant. We had not visited for a while and were disappointed to note; many of the regular staff have left. The food was of its normal standard butnthe staff seemed intent in rushing every course. One waitress even removed my partners plate before we had finished eating. The resturant was not full it was mid week and there was no reason for this approach. Sad to see the decline since September.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked here for my sons 19th birthday we had 2 tables booked as there was 23 of us , we had to wait an hour and half for some one to take our food order, after asking a number of times , we were all starving , they never brought out any crackers or dips until we asked , 5 times be for they brought them , then brought the dips out after the crackers had gone , no point !! Had to ask to order a drink , not once did they attend our table willing and ask us if we needed anything or would like to order , I asked if I could take the food home , when I was leaving asked where the food was she said I chucked it in the bin , great , I asked a waiter to take a group photo he said no slammed his hands down and said he was busy , he was folding napkins !! I said the service is so and I'm here , no customer service at all tonight , his reply you didn't pay the service charge so don't worry about it !! Damn right I did pay the service charge , they was all very Rude and arrogant, at the time of booking they should have said we are under staffed and can not accommodate us , never again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the City Airport Travelodge for a 3 day event at the ExCel and were recommended this Chinese restaurant which we visited on our second night. A short walk from our hotel back across the river towards the ExCel then right along the river front. Tucked away above a gym this restaurant was a great recommendation. It was bustling with visitors and served excellent food at reasonable prices. Happy to recommend it with a tip that various types of tea are not listed on the menu but are available, just ask - I really enjoyed my jasmine tea!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant is in an industrial area surrounded by hotels. It was difficult to find the entrance. The restaurant is on the second floor with a nice view of the Thames. However, even though the restaurant was slowly filling they sat us away from the windows. There must have been eight or nine servers milling about. Our order was promptly taken, while we were waiting to be served we asked for more water, and waited and waited and waited. Meanwhile there were servers pacing back and forth between the two rows of tables. Our food arrived but still no water. Halfway thru the meal it finally came. We ordered several items and were sharing amongst our party, each time a plate was cleared one of the servers swooped in and removed it from the table, never asking if we needed anything. My plate was literally removed before I had set my fork down. We stood to put on our coats and a server squeezed in between us to remove the table cloth and reset the table, keep in mind the restaurant is only half full. I've never felt so uncomfortable. The food, well it was good, not great, nothing memorable.

Do yourself a favor and just eat at your hotel restaurant, this place was not worth the five minute walk.

1  Thank Denise T