“Excellent as always!”

Price range: US$ 72 - US$ 72
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Barrafina is an authentic Spanish tapas bar located in London's Soho. It serves a traditional but contemporary, regional a la carte menu and there is a daily blackboard of specials, created by Executive Head Chef, Barragan Mohacho. Barrafina operates a first come first serve queuing system, and does not take reservations for their 23 stools. However, part of the fun of dining there is eating little bites and sipping on something delicious while making the line. The kitchen is open and guests are close to all the action and drama while their food is prepared.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I love this place! It’s a bar service tapas restaurant, with excellent service and very high quality of food. You can pick whatever suits you from the menu and I guarantee you will like it!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Incredibly rude - we got to the restaurant, got offered a seat and we’re then asked to leave by a phenomenally indifferent waitress.

Go here if:
- you like rude waiting staff

Avoid if:
- you don’t like rude waiting staff

Overall:
- one to avoid

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My second visit to Barrafina Dean Street and it was as good as my first!
I am from Galicia, NW Spain, and anytime my couple is in town we treat ourselves to some real Spanish food. We were lucky enough to have Fernando as our waiter both times and he really makes the difference. He knows the dishes and he is a real asset for the restaurant.
Food is just amazing, from typical dishes with a twist to some more inventive ones and none of them disappoint. The key on Spanish cuisine is to have good ingredients and I am sure they take care of that. For the food they serve and being in London, this restaurant is not expensive, you can eat properly spending £50 per person.
Will be back 100%, and hopefully Fernando will be taking care of us again when the time comes!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wanted to try this place for such a long time, but there’s always a very long queue - specially for dinner. So I decided to take my mate out for lunch. Although had to wait for a table, but it’s ok. Your can order small bits and drinks while waiting. So glad we waitied, the food were absolutely mind blowing!!!!! Have to try the octopus, it’s literally melts in your month! All other dishes were excellent, I even joked with the waitress if there are customers complaint about the food is not good, to my surprise.... she said yes! Who would complain the food is not good in this place - really?!? Although it’s quite pricey, but you pay for what you get! Hope I will come back in couple of months time. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here a few times now and it never disappoints. Not too long a wait, and definitely a great place to dine alone if you have an hour to kill. The mackerel is amazing. The beans are the best plate of beans in the world and all the specials are out of this world. Eat it with lots of cold fino sherry and you’ll leave happy and healthy.
If you’ve never been, then go.