“My favourite local restaurant”
Review of Chez Bruce

Chez Bruce
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Bruce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“My favourite local restaurant”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great service and excellent menu. I highly recommend this hidden gem to those who haven't explored the sw London restaurants.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Fillipe05
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Polish first
Doha
“Lovely Meal!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Been here twice with my girl friend, the quality of the food is amazing while the service is equally good but could have been more friendly. We had grilled quail and Clam chowder for appetizer they were beautiful! and for main I had the Côte de boeuf and my girl friend had the sea bream. we really enjoyed our evening and I definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for top notch dinner around Wandsworth.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank FranKoDoha
London, United Kingdom
“great restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

menu had all you could want , cooked to perfection . wine on the pricy side though . service first rate.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mike n
London, United Kingdom
“Not for me!”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I went to Chez Bruce in late May for my wife's birthday and my experience in this place was mixed. The food let it be said was very good, with interesting and complementary flavours and well presented. On a quite pricey wine list I settled for the house red at £20 a bottle and it was exactly that, house plonk.The service was quite brisk and efficient, if a touch cool and occasionally condescending, but that seems to go with the territory in this type of restaurant. On a rainy weekday evening in May it was perhaps a quarter full when we arrived but we were marched to the back wall of the restaurant near the kitchen entrance to be seated on a small round table barely big enough for two normal sized people. When I requested to be reseated we were somewhat icily moved to the side onto a bigger table in the corner at the back. This process was repeated with other guests until they had filled all of the tables at the back (Siberia!). Many nicer tables towards the front and with an outlook over the common remained empty for all of the time we were there....clearly waiting for more worthy diners! It's simply too pricey here to be treated badly.

• Visited May 2012
8 Thank magoo05
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and excellent service.”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We went to Chez Bruce for a birthday dinner at the 7pm sitting and had high expectations; we were not disappointed. The service was immaculate and the sommelier was particularly knowledgeable. The food was very good and the £45 for 3 courses is excellent value. We had the San Daniele prosciutto to start, followed by the lamb tagine/bream and pineapple fitters/cheese to finish, all were excellent. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, formal, but relaxed and certainly not stuffy like some bigger Mayfair/West End restaurants. Well worth the trip down to SW18, even better if you live close by, as we do.

• Visited May 2012