“lovely food with a fabulous view”

Lands End Restaurant
Ranked #2,749 of 25,436 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 32 - US$ 52
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Named in celebration of Victoria Dock's original identity, the Lands End restaurant serves the finest food in surroundings to match your mood. Executive Head Chef, Pawel Motzek, makes creative use of the best ingredients to provide signature dishes that draw from the best of British with Asian and Mediterranean influences.
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Had the sirloin steak main and smoked salmon for a starter both were delicious and well presented, brilliant view watching the sun set.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Great food great service great location what more could you want
The whole experience was superb.
It's like being on a multi millionaires private yacht

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Wine disgusting and staff resigned to "this is what it is". I think the staff are fed up of being told how appalling this place is - shame as a great yacht and location

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant relaxed dinner and very good breakfast. Great service from all the staff will definitely return

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We decided as a treat for my mum and my aunt for their 60th birthday we would all celebrate together with an afternoon tea as they love their tea. To say that I was unimpressed is putting it lightly. I have been to many afternoon teas some cheap and some expensive and I would say that the price here is right in the middle, so I was expecting very good things.

OK, where do I start... We sat down just after 2:30pm, we each ordered our food at around 2:50pm, everyone ordered tea and 2 coffees ordered for them coffee drinkers who wanted a latte and a macchiato, they were told that only filter coffee was an option. Most of the table went for the traditional afternoon tea, 1 for the under the sea afternoon tea and 3 for the veggie option. We proceeded to wait for our drinks which finally arrived at around 3:20pm and the hot water in the teapots was luke warm as if they had been left waiting to be served to us for the last 20 minutes. I mentioned this to the waitress and she proceeded to get new ones sent out for us. The coffee drinkers asked for another coffee (as these are unlimited) and was told that they can do a latte or cappuccino....either the previous waitress couldn't be bothered or she doesn't know how to do it...

When our food finally arrived at the table, as everyone was scattered around the table most plates were shared between 2 people and as there was an odd number of the traditional afternoon tea, 3 portions were put on one stand which meant that my share of food was half way up the table as I was sitting next to 2 people sharing the veggie option and opposite someone having the fish option. This is very bad planing, and this extra portion should have been on an extra stand.

So the food.....the bread on the sandwiches was dry, cress missing from the 'egg and cress' sandwich, filling was minimal. scones were tiny, burnt and rock hard, the cakes and pastries were definitely not made on premises, cakes were dry and the icing/frosting on the cupcakes was shop bought Betty Crocker pre made frosting.

Some of the party wanted to take some of the cakes and pastries home, and going by previous experience the majority of places I have been, expensive and cheap, you can get a nice little presentation box to take home your left overs, when asked if we can do this, we was then presented with a roll of tin foil!

In regards to the service, it was slow, we wasn't asked if everything was OK and the waiters and waitresses don't seem to know what is going on.

After reading about the hotel and the reviews I was expecting very good things and to celebrate my mum and my aunts birthday in style. I am extremely disappointed and will not be coming back or recommending this to anyone.