The Notting Hill Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 319
US$ 489
US$ 395
US$ 282
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Showers are a bit dirty.. clean sheets, clean beds, clean rooms.. nice people. I didn't use any other facilities. At checking in the guy said I had to pay 10 deposit but after being the millionth person to tell him the site said nothing about that, he left it off. Nice fellow travelers too, one came in the room brushed his teeth and asked if i needed something from the shop (i didn't) bit it was very kind of him to ask, though that's not something that hostel has control over. One toilet I used was very cramped the door almost touched the pot.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Lots of us left our belongings in the luggage room. Overnight someone ripped open our suitcases with £600 chef's knives that were stored there by one of the residents. The police were called but nothing was returned. I had my laptop computer, a pair of spectacles and a holdall of laundered clothes stolen. Some were in tears listing to the police what items they had stolen.
The receptionist named Ray regularly swindled - especially foreigners - of the charges, switching them to cheaper rooms to collect more money from newer arrivals. One Polish man threatened to call the police to Ray because he had a receipt proving he'de paid for the more costly room, so Ray backed down letting him stay in the room he paid for but as he left told him that they wouldn't accept any future bookings from him.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I have visited a lot of hostels, but this one is really horrible. We were group of friends staying here for 5 nights. All day we were out in the city, but when we got back our stuffs from each suitcase were mixed. Everything was moved from one place to another. We knew that someone was looking for money, so we went to recepcionist. He just did not care about us and he could not do anything! We were very angry about it. And the last day someone stole our tickets for plane in locked room! When we went to receptionist he said that he will print new tickets for us if we writte good review of this hostel. Can you belive it?! Than he also wanted 20 pounds for printing! Just stay away from this hell hostel! And i do not have to mention a room. Broken bathrom, so small that you can not even turn around. They did not empty trash can. There are also some strange people, i did not feel well and safe. They were smoking by the front doors all day.

Please for your safe and happines, go somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank scoutEU
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Best of the bunch around London's Hyde Park, Princes Square area. Can't say much bad about the place rooms are clean enough not to worry about though beds a bit close, not really a problem. Staff is great and very helpful. Loved the alcohol free, drug and smoking free travelers lounge which is large with a nice setup and TV. Kitchen clean and great for a family with younger kids. Just have nothing bad to say. Bathrooms are clean with toilets all around and easily accessible day or late night. Friendly crowd. Truly nothing bad I can say. Maybe a small amount of dirt or dust but nothing like I have seen in other hostels.5 second rule could apply in the kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I am not a sensitive person when it comes to sleeping somewhere but this was unbearable. Most horrible hostel I have ever seen! Mold, dirty sheets, dangerous people, dirty room, stinky room, infected bathrooms... and the list can go on. I stayed one night and left. Note that they don't give refunds even though you are placed in the most disgusting room of the hostel (unrestored room according to their say). I will never recommend this ppace unless you are desperate and endangered to sleep on the streets. Someone shut this place down!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo