“Weekend Late Food Trip”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I visited this palce with friends off the back of another persons recommendation, and I can happily say it was a very good suggestion.

We were seated quickly, however it was upstairs and I had asked if we could be seated downstairs, which the staff made happen without any fuss.

Sat to order, I have to give a mention to Omar, he suggested a couple of changes to our orders due to size of portions and personal preferences to the menu - so big thank you to Omar!

My starter was the Sahara lamb chops, which were a very solid portion size and were really tender, well seasoned with a punchy spicy kick. For mains, I ordered half a chicken with rice and salad. This again was a very good portion and the chicken was grilled to perfection with just the right amount of seasoning.

The fresh juice drinks are way up there, my personal recommendation would be the Jungle Juice, 10 out of 10.

For desert, this was a new option to the menu and another recommendation of Omar's, the Chocolate Temptation with vanilla ice cream... and to confirm, this was nothing short of amazing.

A great spot to cater to all options an ideas.

Luca

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Came here last night and we both got the half chicken with sides and we were both blown away by the taste and succulence of the chicken! Couldn't recommend more! Omar was our waiter and was very attentive too :)

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I am usually an avid fan of Sahara grill as I find their food to be tatsy and reasonably priced, however my last visit there left me absolutey disgusted. My mum found 2 long hairs in the seasoned rice which she ordered! This was incredibly repulsive and put me right off my food. My mother's meal was replaced but it was too late as she was reeling from the ordeal. The manager there (short little Asian man with long hair) was very rude and did not even offer us any compensation. He mumbled a 'sorry' then demanded we pay the full bill. I was disgraced by his behaviour and left vowing never to return. Utterly appalled by the service and the kitchen hygiene. They have lost a very loyal customer.

1  Thank ajdhhd
Reviewed 7 April 2018

My favourite dish from here is defintely the lamb fillet steak! The quality and taste is amazing and authentic, i have never yet been dissapointed and do recommend a visit.
Service could be a bit better i would say, but can't go wrong with the dishes!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing service and very helpful when deciding what to order, he was really friendly too. Nice atmosphere too

Date of visit: March 2018