“If your up for a bit of food poisoning, this place is for you”

Hawksmoor Knightsbridge
Ranked #779 of 25,273 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 33 - US$ 79
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: 'If I crave steak, I come to Hawksmoor. It's as simple as that. Cheap, it ain't, but great meat never is. Their Knightsbridge place may be a little better mannered than its eastern siblings, a touch smarter, but its spirit (and steak) remains gloriously unsullied' Tom Parker-Bowles. Hawksmoor Knightsbridge, with its glamorous Art Deco interior, is just off Brompton Road between Knightsbridge's iconic department stores, Harrods and Harvey Nichols, and Kensington's cultural institutions, the Victoria & Albert, Natural History and Science Museums and the Royal Albert Hall. As well as steaks from ethically-reared traditional British breeds, the menu features a number of new seafood dishes such as Singapore-style Devilled Lobster, raw Wild Sea Bass with Chilli & Ginger and a Lobster Roll with Sriracha & Yuzu. For those needing respite from shopping or a post-museum pick-me-up there is also a set menu available at lunch time (Monday to Saturday) and early evening (from 5-6pm). As well, of course, as the wines and cocktails that helped us win Observer Food Monthly's Best Place to Drink.' The largest party we can accommodate in our restaurant is 12 people. If your group is larger, please call us as occasionally we have some flexibility. Knightsbridge is perfect for a wide range of events including private and corporate parties and cocktail receptions. We can accommodate up to 120 people for events. For more information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I who are both working as chefs went Easter Monday for what we thought would be a nice lunch for my first and last time at a Hawksmoor. Obviously they hadn’t been checking they’re produce over the long weekend/trying to use things once it had already been past it’s prime to not to waste money.
We shared a 1kg porter house between my friend and myself, and just greens and mac on the side. The meat wasn’t cooked well, parts over cooked while others sill raw.. But we went with it.
The next day I woke up with terrible stomach pains, and a few hours after all the great things that come with food poisoning caught up. My friend woke up with the same feeling and symptoms that then went on for the next 48 hours which had us both calling in sick for work which caused us more money in the end.
Realising that this meal was the only thing we ate the same for days, we new we had gotten sick from this.
Emailed the restaurant, filled out all the sick forms they asked and gave them all info being very easy going in the beginning. Then asked for a refund as this was not a cheap meal.
Still haven’t gotten a straight answer, keep being strung along saying they are looking into it and will let me no.
Not even sure what they mean.

This place is terrible, it’s just another chain that employees people who don’t no how to cook or proper food safety , and that can and already has resulted in really hurting people.

Boycott
✌️

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Although this is mainly a meat based restaurant, the fish and vegetable options were outstanding. Everything was extremely fresh and the staff is super friendly.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on Easter Sunday at 12:30pm. We can’t stop talking about how great it was. Every single item on the plate was perfection. My favourite kind of rose (cotes du provence) wasnt on the menu, but the waiter recommended one and let me try it. It was exactly what i was after. We didn’t get any extras with our meal and skipped dessert as we had easter eggs waiting! We cant. Personally i think their roast is amazing value for money and cant wait to go back. The decor was beautiful.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We recently attended the Hawksmoor restaurant in London’s Knightsbridge for a Sunday dinner organised by my daughter ( she does like to organise!). A dreary day was soon changed by the youthful and happy welcome we received, we were shown to a table for some drinks while we waited, and the “buzz” about the place was palpable. I think there’s always a buzz when your looking forward to a meal that someone else has cooked, but that might be just me !
The service was exceptional, the young lady who waited upon us was great fun , unhurried ( although they were very busy)
Good banter and kept us topped up frequently. The food was simple but perfect, generous portions , the kind where you wanna lie down after with a big grin on your face. Great value for money but you need to book in advance. Happy eating !!
AL

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My friend had seen a post I made for a historically significant steak house in NYC and suggested Hawksmoor. What a great choice. The drinks, wine, fillet and sides were all perfect. After dinner selection was equally wonderful. Keep it up Hawksmoor and make sure to include this in your fine dinning nights while enjoying London!