My friend and I who are both working as chefs went Easter Monday for what we thought would be a nice lunch for my first and last time at a Hawksmoor. Obviously they hadn’t been checking they’re produce over the long weekend/trying to use things once it had already been past it’s prime to not to waste money.
We shared a 1kg porter house between my friend and myself, and just greens and mac on the side. The meat wasn’t cooked well, parts over cooked while others sill raw.. But we went with it.
The next day I woke up with terrible stomach pains, and a few hours after all the great things that come with food poisoning caught up. My friend woke up with the same feeling and symptoms that then went on for the next 48 hours which had us both calling in sick for work which caused us more money in the end.
Realising that this meal was the only thing we ate the same for days, we new we had gotten sick from this.
Emailed the restaurant, filled out all the sick forms they asked and gave them all info being very easy going in the beginning. Then asked for a refund as this was not a cheap meal.
Still haven’t gotten a straight answer, keep being strung along saying they are looking into it and will let me no.
Not even sure what they mean.
This place is terrible, it’s just another chain that employees people who don’t no how to cook or proper food safety , and that can and already has resulted in really hurting people.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.