“Disappointing, noisy, potentially could of ruined our holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Suites Serviced Apartments
Ranked #570 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, noisy, potentially could of ruined our holiday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Booked Hyde Park Suites as a base for 8 weeks holiday in London. What a disappointment. Staff unfriendly and off hand. Booking for a twin which had been confirmed 3 months prior was initially unavailable. Out of 200 rooms only 2 are designated twin rooms. Also was advised that didn't have triple rooms as had been confirmed, and my 2 adult daughters would have to share a bed for last 4 weeks of holiday.
First unit 26/11-13 was horrible. Double bed had been split to form twin beds. Found a dirty sock under bed as we moved them to fit into tiny room. Front door didnt work so had to go through neighboring door to enter. Building undergoing permanent renovations, carpet ripped up everywhere, smelling of paint. No lift. Had to carry large suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. Room tiny and bathroom old and leaking. Rooms extremely noisy. Could hear man snoring in room next door and people moving about above us. As doors all seemed to be in need of maintenance, had to slam to shut. Could hear neighboring doors being closed. The noise from the street was extremely loud, not from traffic, but groups of people congregating outside at all hours, drinking and swearing. Had internal leak from unit above and water running down inside of our units wall. Towels and linen very old. Was glad to leave. Only good points were free wifi and the location close to Bayswater and Queensway tubes.
As we were due to stay in HPS for such an extended time we made arrangements to cancel part of booking and book elsewhere and made extra trips elsewhere to at least have reasonable accommodation and get some sleep. Meant paying for accommodation twice. Quality accommodation this ain't.
Unit 3A, 81-83, was a better unit on ground floor except that it was located next to front door of building. Front door had to be slammed to shut properly. The noise from the front hall as people came and went meant there was little sleep for us. The unit also ran out of hot water as the heating unit was shared with the neighboring family unit. Cold showers on winter mornings are not pleasant. Beds do not have mattress protectors. Keys that are issued is one key that does main door to building and also to unit. I think that means that anyone with access to building also has access to all the rooms!!!
Unit 12, 77-79, family unit, as now 3 of us travelling. Adult daughters sharing double bed, and I'm on pull out lounge. Shower has own wall heater system. Water pressure virtually none exist ant and temperature fluctuates between hot and cold. Mostly cold.
We chose to cancel one weeks accommodation at HPS for the Xmas week and try our luck elsewhere.
Not being able to enjoy returning to our accommodation at end of everyday or know that going to get a good nights sleep has certainly put a dampener on what was supposed to be a wonderful time in London for Christmas.
Interestingly I tweeted about HPS lack of hot water and received a reply 4 days later. I invited HPS to discuss accom issues - as yet no response.
Seek accommodation elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank sidonie89
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in November of this year. Hyde park suites is located superbly in London. Just a few tube stops away from the city centre and the apartments are located about a 2minute walk from the tube station. We had to check in at 55 Inverness Terrace and then our apartment was located about a 1minute walk away. We were expecting this anyway as we read various reviews before we travelled. It wasn't an issue. The apartments, although fairly small and compact are fully equipped with all the utensils/cutlery that you may need. When we booked, we booked a 'superior studio' although I don't think that's what we were given at all. Although we didn't complain as we just wanted to enjoy the trip. The apartment was fairly clean, although when we pulled out the bed it was clear that under there hadn't seen a clean in a long time, items were under there that certainly didn't belong to us. I probably would stay here again. For the location alone!

Room Tip: If you book a superior room, make sure its a superior room you get!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MArmDoh
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to London and was quite pleasantly surprised by the amenities they provide. I booked a single suite with queen bed and was surprised to find a completely equipped kitchen, (full fridge, coffee maker, toaster, stove, micro, pots pans, plates, utensils). The location of this hotel is ideal as you have restaurants, food markets, pubs, and a beautiful shopping mall all within walking distance.You are one block from the Bayswater tube station, which is very convenient if your arrival flight landed at London's Heathrow and you took the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station. Paddington is one stop on the the tube to your hotel (Bayswater Station). Great hotel in very a VERY PRICEY City.

Room Tip: They own have many properties ask for hotel on Inverness Terrace
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank NewY0rker38
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I booked this hotel before checking the reviews.....bad move! Thinking it really couldn't be as bad I went along as planned and from the moment I walked in I knew I'd done wrong. I asked for a ground floor room as I have walking difficulties, I ended up in a basement room with a steep flight of stairs with no handrails to help you get down the stairs. The common parts were disgusting, the room was damp, had mould growing off the walls, smelt horrid, TV didn't work, talked to staff (who were over-run with complaints from other guests of things going wrong in their building), moved rooms that wasn't much better but at least the TV worked! Broken mirror, toilet had loose cables come from back of it (!!), no power points to plug in chargers, no tea/coffee, the list is endless. Its run by a management company who are obviously just trying to make money for the owners and not bothered about the actual quality of the guests stay. The staff did try to help, but that didn't make up for the state of the place. I will certainly never ever set foot in the place again. (Booked via Booking.com who I strongly recommend no longer offer this accommodation!).

Room Tip: Really don't bother! Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LodgerinLondon

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

After arriving at the property address in a taxi to find a sign on the door saying reception is on another road somewhere nearby - no map or directions I phoned the office, no sympathy there simply we would have to take our bags with us to reception and back again- reception was a 15 min walk away mind you. We were given a room below the ground under the stairwell which had not been cleaned and stank of damp- this should have given me a hint to get my money back and run! I complained very Loudly to management and got 'upgraded' to a room that was semi bare able so we gave them the benefit of the doubt. Nothing worked in either room and not even a power point in the bathroom - towels and linens stank of damp and were not changed once durin our 7 night stay even though they are advertised as serviced! Useless staff and frustrating stay- pay an extra $100 and stay elsewhere, not worth the hassles or heartaches.

• Stayed December 2011