5,181 results
All reviews breakfast bag paper bag old street tube station yogurt fresh milk in the fridge great hotel cool hotel brick lane free wifi spitalfields market northern line great shower little touches rooms are small comfy bed quiet room tea and coffee
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I stayed at the Hoxton for three nights with my boyfriend, and the experience was amazing. The first thing I did when I got back home was telling all my friends to stay at the Hoxton the next time they were going to London!

Before I booked our rooms here, I spent A Lot of time serching for hotels.. If youre reading this, you dont have to. Choose the Hoxton Hotel. It takes 10 minutes on the tube to oxford street, but it still feels very sentral.

The only "bad" thing was that the free pret breakfast (a yoghourt, juice and a banana) wasnt delivered when we had ordered it (you can choose when you want it, from 6-9am). And on our last morning we didnt get it at all.. But things happens and it didnt ruin my day. Just the first halv hour of my morning.... :P

The rooms are quite small, but I think they are big if you compare it to other london-hotels. They are clean, stylish and I just love the design of the hallways. :)

I will defently come back to the Hoxton. It was almost perfect :D
(the almost is bacause I need my breakfast, almost just as much as I need my coffe in the morning)

If you stay at Hoxton you should absolutely try the Hoxton Grill!! The food is perfectly cooked! Listen to the staff about what to eat and drink.. They know the best combinations!! You normally have to make a reservation to get a table.. We didnt, but they managed to get us a table anyway. Excellent service!

Reviewed 16 February 2011

Booked for a Friday and Saturday but had to cancel the Friday, several days in advance due to an unavoidable change. Every other hotel I have stayed at allows cancellation up to 24 hours in advance with no charge - the Hoxton wouldn't allow it at all and they already had our payment so we were stuffed. No matter how good the hotel is, that leaves a really sour taste in the mouth.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank richn075
TheHoxton, General Manager at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Dear richn075,

Thanks for your comments.

Similar to a low cost airline, our bedroom prices start at the lowest price and increase as people book for that particular date. In return for our discounted rates we require full pre-payment for all bookings and this amount is non-refundable. We have tried to make our Booking Conditions as clear as possible during the on-line booking process by making the acceptance of these conditions mandatory. This is to try to encourage all our guests to read and understand our Booking Conditions prior to confirming that booking. We do recognise though that people’s plans do change and because of this we introduced ‘Change My Booking’, an online facility which allows our guests to change the date of their booking for a small fee of £15.

If you weren’t aware of this and would like to discuss your specific booking, please call me on 020 7550 1000.

I hope this clarifies matters as we certainly don’t want to leave a sour taste in anyone’s mouth.

Best wishes.

David Taylor

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Stayed for three nights, 2 rooms including 22 month old, although small the rooms had everything we needed. Staff were always helpful and a cot was waiting in one of the rooms when we arrived, we had adjoining rooms as requested. Meals in the bistro were reasonably priced for London and the staff were excellent with my grand-daughter. Will definitely stay here again when returning to London.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2011

The Hoxton Hotel is everything you need from a hotel and more.

I am just back from a weekend stay at the hotel and I am thoroughly impressed. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Old Street station (exit 3) and a walkable distance from Liverpool Street Station if you haven't got much baggage.

We arrived at the hotel at 11.30am, check in was smooth and staff were cheery and inviting. We went straight to our room to drop our bags and were very impressed with what we saw, great sized room with a big double bed adorned with funky cushions, a small sofa in one corner and a desk in the other. There was a tv which allowed you to listen to albums and other music which was nice when we were spending time in the room. Tea and coffee were free and provided along with a kettle. Also supplied for free was milk and water in the fridge and a handy bottle opener in the drawer. The bathroom was a great size also with plenty of towels and the most amazing shower in the world. The room was spotlessly clean and bright. We were in room 227 which is situated on the 2nd floor and overlooking the courtyard. We had no problems with noise at all and slept soundly.

The staff at this hotel are the nicest I have encountered, so helpful and happy to oblige. I highly recommend the Hoxton Grill situated within the hotel. We had a delicious lunch of Caesar Salad and the Chicken Club Sandwich which came with the tastiest chips in London, it was the best meal we had in London and we ate out a lot. Breakfast is provided free by Pret, a banana, granola yogurt and orange juice, just fill out the back of your bag (how many people and what time you want it delivered) and it will be hanging outside your door in the morning. Breakfast is also available from the Hoxton Grill.

Late afternoon/early evening at the weekend the bar in the hotel is full of young professional, well dressed people sipping on cocktails and conversing by the massive fireplaces and on the leather couches. A DJ plays some great tunes but at an acceptable level as to hear each other talk. The music stops at about 1am and was not loud enough to disturb our sleep. The cocktails at the bar are amazing, although at £9 for a mojito not cheap but we were treating ourselves!

Check out was at 12pm, as our flight wasn't until later the Hoxton Hotel were able to keep our luggage stored for us while we were away. And later when we returned we asked about taxi's, they switched on a big flashing orange light outside the hotel signalling any passing taxi's to stop and pick us up without us having to wave one down which we thought was very cool.

As we left the hotel we were sure that it wouldn't be long before we'd definitely be returning. Loved it!

Reviewed 7 February 2011

Cool rooms (not as big as you'd like)
Friendly staff
Good location (even though you have to pass through Old Street Tube with it's delightful bouquet of urine and weed)

What you get for your money are rooms that are nicely decorated, clean, comfortable, well lit and bathrooms with great showers and wonderful showergels.

The staff were friendly and eager to help, our reservation was handled quickly and we could check in early. No complaints here. The little breakfast bag was just enough to keep you going. The milk and water in the fridge is a nice touch as is the electronic safe in the wardrobe.

All in all I really enjoyed myself here. I slept like a log and the hotel was a good base to explore London.

Worth the money £1 deal or otherwise!