5,138 results
All reviewsbreakfast bagpaper bagold street tube stationyogurtfresh milk in the fridgegreat hotelcool hotelbrick lanefree wifispitalfields marketnorthern linegreat showerlittle touchesrooms are smallcomfy bedbars and restaurantsquiet room
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I just returned from a short trip to London to take my daughter to college, and had reserved a room at the Hoxton because it is close to her residence hall. The entire experience was wonderful! The room was immaculate, bed comfortable,shower great. The restaurant has great food, in the dining room and room service. I recommend the sweet corn and basil soup. I did not travel with my laptop, but there are computers in the lobby for guests. It was a great place to stay...... I was comfortable, well cared for......... beautiful hotel, wonderful service.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank klweaverMariettaOhio
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We really liked this quirky, modern hotel. the front desk staff was very helpful....there is free internet in the lobby if you don't travel with a laptop.....and the rooms are large by London standards. The only thing we felt was that the tube stop is not the most convenient in terms of location from the hotel and you have to change stations to get almost anywhere in London. Otherwise it is a small inconvenience for the great value if you book early for this pricey city.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eurolady28
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My friends and I stayed in this hotel for one night because it was near where we were heading for a big night out, and because it had been recommended. It certainly lived up to the expectations!

We got a very good rate of around £77 for one night (per room) and the reason they can offer it that cheaply is that you prepay, so if you cancel you don't get your money back. We were given the choice of twin or double and they also made sure my friends and I had rooms near each other.
The hotel looks great - stylish, funky and with a good restaurant (The Hoxton Grill) attached. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

Our room was not particularly big, but not particularly small either and it was decorated nicely with a good bathroom too. They have paid attention to the small details such as toiletries from Aveda, towels from Frette and the beds are comfortable too.

We had a meal in the restaurant which was also great. The restaurant was busy and buzzy with a good mix of people. Just because we were staying in the hotel, we all got a free glass of champagne before our meal which was a very nice surprise!
I would definitely both recommend it, and come back myself.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank 4,208
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed here for two weeks whilst working in London, had the family with me and found it to be a great place to stay. Clean, modern and very comfortable. Wifi very useful, flexible atmosphere for work and family, suits all who wish to stay somewhere different in London. Weekends very liveley for night life, right in the thick of things and perfect for visiting central London.

Only draw back is parking, beware being slightly over when parking at the rear (on street) as the wardens as faster than a wippet and seem to pop out from no where when you least expect.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Adman-lex
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We have stayed at the Hoxton about 6 times an have always had a great deal. We love the ethos of the hotel. No premium prices for staying in London. Good food and a drink at a reasonable price. They pride themselves on this, or at least they did.
Pret a Manger have sold this hotel to SoHo House and it shows in some considerable price increases. Food and drink have increased by approximately 25% since we last stayed ther in March this year. This is disappointing and against the initial premis of the hotel.
But, its still a great little urban lodge.............for now at least.
The surrounding area is quite scruffy and the tube station is quite intimidating with lots of people hanging around particlalry in the evening. Boris needs to extend his powers and get to work on Old Street Station and the surrounding areas and the hotel need to consider this if they want to increase the prices of the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DINKIES
TheHoxton, General Manager at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2009

Many thanks for your feedback. I wanted to write to you to re-assure you that the Hoxton remains under the same ownership.

Our Restaurant & Bar has always been operated by a separate company as we believe hoteliers are in large not great restaurant operators.

In May 2009, Soho House Group did indeed take over the Restaurant & Bar and having renovated it, re-launched it as the Hoxton Grill.

I was interested in your comments about pricing as we have worked with their team to ensure the price point remained at the same level as the former Grille - in some cases, the prices have fallen.

Elsewhere in the hotel, our pricing policy remains the same with lots of great value rooms throughout the year and we have just introduced 1 hour of free calls each day within the UK and the US and Europe for all guests.

I hope you feel this response answers your concerns.

Best regards.