“Amazing value and amenities”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #93 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I cannot say enough of how great our stay at Hoxton was. We booked well in advance and the rates were extremely reasonable. Our stay exceeded every single expectation. Free wifi, an hour of free phone calls each day, free Pret A Manger breakfast, etc. The location could not be beat: a fun, lively neighborhood with amazing restaurants and nightlife - yet was only a 10 minute tube ride from literally every London attraction. Without a doubt, this would be my first choice for my next stay in London. Rooms were very clean, spacious, and quiet - and nicely decorated. Loved the bathroom and rain shower. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. A good selection of drinks and snacks were available in the lobby, for the same price as on the street. I literally cannot think of a single negative to my experience. This hotel rivaled the 5 star accomodations I had experienced earlier in my trip in London, an was less than 1/3 of the rate! It cannot be beat!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We chose to stay at the Hoxton as it was close to our family. We were able to book well in advance and got very good rates. Our stay exceeded our expectations on all points. Our room was comfortable and quiet, yet downstairs has a lively bar and bistro area. We found it easy to get to any where we wanted to in London. I liked that they were very generous with WiFi and phonecalls. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Location, location, location....The Hoxton is well situated in the "trendy" Shoreditch area. I feel sorry for the people who come to London, see the Wax Museum, the Changing of the Guard, Big Ben and miss neighborhoods like this. The Hoxton is in the Hackney-heart of it all and welcomes all. I never once felt out of place because I didn't wear a natty pork pie hat or arrive riding a vintage Raleigh fixte. The staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful...and not a hint of attitude. Even before I arrived, they were able to arrange for a room with twin beds for my friend & me. I stayed solo on the second part of my trip and felt totally at ease being on my own here.The rooms are a great deal if you book early and LOVE that they had fresh milk in the mini fridge for the real coffee. The included breakfast was perfect- banana, yogurt with fruit and granola and an OJ. I had room service for dinner twice and the food is extremely well prepared and also a really good value. The room was pristinely clean, spacious even by American standards, and was chic and super quiet. There was very little sound migration from the halls and the double windows keep the rooms free from street noise and silent as a tomb. My room was on the back side and looked over the rooftops for a very lovely city vista- loads of light. The bath is fully tiled and the big shower has a rain shower head with killer water pressure!
This is a great neighborhood to explore for a slice of London life. Tons of cafes and restaurants, Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen" is two short blocks away. The Hoxon has developed a cleverly designed map that folds out from the size of a business card and points out many local attractions. I ventured beyond the map and walked the canals for several l hours- the colorful narrow boats and and the lock systems are fascinating. There is also a very good museum with lovely gardens near- the Geffrye which chronicles the evolution of the London middle class. This made for a quirky juxtaposition to the very cutting edge gallery and art scene that flourishes in this Hackney neighborhood. I live in the Mission in San Francisco so I am accustomed to "appreciating" street art and feel right at home with a little "grit." But any past "rough" edges in this neighborhood have been softened and I always felt safe walking in the evenings and early mornings. At the end of my long and mostly rainy walks, there was the warm Hoxton lobby with two fireplaces, comfy chesterfields and a little something from the bar to warm the bones...loved it! can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms on the back of the Hoxton have lovely cityscape views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SuzyqSF
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Excellent stay, rooms very quiet and although a little small have everything needed including fridge, water, safe, TV etc. Free Pret a Manger breakfast, juice, fruit, yoghurt, worth having for touristy days! Short walk to nearby restaurants,bars and tube. Definitely recommend eating at the Hoxton grill, food and service excellent. Prices of rooms not bad compared to hotels of similar class and definitely great value for money if you book early (which we will next time as we'd definitely go back). Staff very friendly and helpful. Drinks in the bar a little pricey but great service and evening atmosphere lively and welcoming, also plenty of other bars nearby so good choice if you prefer to move on.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on higher floors and off the main street - may sacrifice view but you'll get a goo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed in January and we won't stay anywhere else (even if it will be a few years before we get back). Staff were great, the beds incredibly comfortable and bathrooms clean and were an awesome design. The room overall was a great style and we loved the funky nature of the Hoxton. The breakfast was spot on and location handy to the Tube.

One of my favourite hotels in the world.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple