Hilton London Tower Bridge
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
4,358 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetooley streetjamie's restaurantborough marketlondon towertube stationsouth bankmodern hotelexcellent hoteljubilee lineminute walkan upgradedeluxe roommini barafternoon tealondon eyeshard
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is my third stay here, and the hotel continues to maintain its high standards. It is clean, well maintained, and well operated. As a bonus we were also able to check in before the usual time.

Only two minor suggestions:

1) When checking in, I asked the clerk to confirm that my Hilton Honors number would be added to the reservation. He did so promptly and cheerfully, but read aloud my membership address (i.e. my home address) when doing so. Now, no one else was around to overhear it, but it is perhaps an unwise habit. (In contrast, the clerk followed best practice and did not read out my hotel room number, but simply pointed to it on the keycard-holder.)

2) Internet access is expensive at 15 pounds per day.

These minor gripes do not detract from my overall impression of the hotel, and I would happily stay here again. I had been slightly worried to receive a room very close to the lifts/elevators, but the soundproofing must have been excellent as I didn't hear a thing.

Room Tip: ask for a non-adjoining room to minimize noise disruptions
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Golda135
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

I am glad to hear that we are continuing to maintain high standards of cleanliness, maintenance and operational management.

I am also happy that we were able to assit you with an early check-in.

I noted your comment about the cost of internet in your bedroom and would like to advise that we do offer free WIFI to guests in the public areas.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a corporate booking. The hotel is 10 minutes (if that) walk from London Bridge station, and veyr handy for a lot of the sights. As a hotel, it is great. Nice and clean, welcoming reception area and receptionists, and fast and efficient lifts. My room was large, I had a king size bed which was very comfortable and a HD TV which was large enough that you could watch it in comfort from the bed. I couldn't get the air conditioing to shu toff thoug, so spent al night buried in pillows to stop me hearing the noise, and it was a bit draughty if I kicked the bed covers off. The bathroom was clean, and more than enough towels. Breakfast was buffet style, but there was plenty of choice (though I was down to breakfast at 7.20am when they open at 7am, so maybe I was lucky to be early, I don't know). Getting extra tea and coffee was no problem, and it was a very nice experience. The only negative aspect, and this is nothing to do with the hotel itself, but worth mentioning here, is that I booked 11 bedrooms and a meal in the restauarnt for 11 people, only to find when I got down to the restaurant half an hour before we were due to eat that there was no record of my booking!! As you can imagine, this was a bit of a nightmare. After a long chat with the restaurant manager, she finally agreed to open up a separate area of the restauarnt that, initally, she had said she couldn't open as there was no lighting in that part! Notwithstanding this, the food was nice, well presented, and the waiting staff were very friendly and helpful. Bar prices were reasonable for the aclohol, but £3.58 for a lime and soda was a tad steep!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

We appreciate the time taken to post feedback about your stay at our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed the room size, our hotel location and the service our team provided. I noted your comment about not knowing how to shut off the air-conditioning. The control panel is located next to the bathroom door entrance.

I also noted your comment about your restaurant booking not being in the system.I have taken this up with the restaurant manager and a full investigation will take place with our reservations team to why this was not actioned.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights with my 2.5 year old daughter. Hotel was easy to get to by the tube at London bridge, also served by the rv1 bus which goes to covent garden, very handy when travelling with a stroller.

Every single member of staff was friendly and always asking if there is anything they could do. The room was a good size for London, even with a rollaway bed in there for my daughter. If you looked a certain angle out the window you could see the shard, which was a sight to behold. As it was my birthday a cake was delivered to our room, which was a lovely surprise.

We had a great rate including breakfast, which was amazing, full English and continental with loads of yummy pastries, one day I asked for a waffle which was heavenly! Definitely ask for one.

The bed was very comfortable and my daughter slept well in the rollaway.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Solomamatraveller
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

We value feedback from our guests and were so happy to read that you and your daughter had such an enjoyable stay. You are quite correct in that our hotel is centrally located with easy access to the tube at London bridge, also served by the overground, bus and taxi service.

I was extremely happy to read that you found every single member of staff to be friendly and accommodating.

We are happy that you enjoyed your surprise brthday cake and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We loved this hotel! We are both insomniacs and a quiet room is ultimately important. For the first time in years, we slept until 10:30 a.m.! The room was clean and spacious and the location was great. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We appreciate commentary from valued guests and strive to make your stay a pleasant and enjoyable home away from home experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel is almost on the banks of the Thames across the road from the Tower Bridge tube station nestled amongst modern office buildings. I stayed here on a business trip for meetings nearby so it was very convenient. I used the tube from the airport - about an hour's ride.
The views at night over the Thames are brilliant. Check-in was smooth and I was offered help with bags etc. I thought the breakfast was reasonable - the staff seemed a bit rushed but were friendly and accommodating. I did not have an executive floor room, but the room was very comfortable - I had to work in the room in preparing for meetings and it felt spacious and airy. Very good size (large) for London. I'd recommend this property.

Room Tip: If you are on the 3rd floor try to get a room away from the fitness room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

I was happy to read that you loved our location and found our rooms to be large and spacious. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.