“Would recommend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
England
“Would recommend”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and it would be my first choice of hotel when I stay in London. The location is perfect, right next to Tower Bridge so you are within a stone's throw from this beautiful bridge and the view at night is stunning. It is also within easy walking distance of Borough Market which is well worth a visit. Well connected to tube station so getting there is no problem. The rooms are spacious, clean, modern, beds very comfy. The breakfast there is yummy with a large selection on the buffet. There is also an executive lounge with a roof terrace which is lovely if you get a nice summer evening.

Room Tip: Get a hilton honour rewards card
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
We appreciate feedback from all guests but when it comes from a regular guest it is that much more rewarding. I am glad to hear that you still love our location in terms of transportation and tourist attractions.

It was great to read that you found our rooms to be spacious, clean, modern, offering comfortable beds and delicious breakfast.

We look forward to your future stays with us.

Sven M. Goosen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is my third stay here, and the hotel continues to maintain its high standards. It is clean, well maintained, and well operated. As a bonus we were also able to check in before the usual time.

Only two minor suggestions:

1) When checking in, I asked the clerk to confirm that my Hilton Honors number would be added to the reservation. He did so promptly and cheerfully, but read aloud my membership address (i.e. my home address) when doing so. Now, no one else was around to overhear it, but it is perhaps an unwise habit. (In contrast, the clerk followed best practice and did not read out my hotel room number, but simply pointed to it on the keycard-holder.)

2) Internet access is expensive at 15 pounds per day.

These minor gripes do not detract from my overall impression of the hotel, and I would happily stay here again. I had been slightly worried to receive a room very close to the lifts/elevators, but the soundproofing must have been excellent as I didn't hear a thing.

Room Tip: ask for a non-adjoining room to minimize noise disruptions
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Golda135
I am glad to hear that we are continuing to maintain high standards of cleanliness, maintenance and operational management.

I am also happy that we were able to assit you with an early check-in.

I noted your comment about the cost of internet in your bedroom and would like to advise that we do offer free WIFI to guests in the public areas.

Peterborough, UK
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a corporate booking. The hotel is 10 minutes (if that) walk from London Bridge station, and veyr handy for a lot of the sights. As a hotel, it is great. Nice and clean, welcoming reception area and receptionists, and fast and efficient lifts. My room was large, I had a king size bed which was very comfortable and a HD TV which was large enough that you could watch it in comfort from the bed. I couldn't get the air conditioing to shu toff thoug, so spent al night buried in pillows to stop me hearing the noise, and it was a bit draughty if I kicked the bed covers off. The bathroom was clean, and more than enough towels. Breakfast was buffet style, but there was plenty of choice (though I was down to breakfast at 7.20am when they open at 7am, so maybe I was lucky to be early, I don't know). Getting extra tea and coffee was no problem, and it was a very nice experience. The only negative aspect, and this is nothing to do with the hotel itself, but worth mentioning here, is that I booked 11 bedrooms and a meal in the restauarnt for 11 people, only to find when I got down to the restaurant half an hour before we were due to eat that there was no record of my booking!! As you can imagine, this was a bit of a nightmare. After a long chat with the restaurant manager, she finally agreed to open up a separate area of the restauarnt that, initally, she had said she couldn't open as there was no lighting in that part! Notwithstanding this, the food was nice, well presented, and the waiting staff were very friendly and helpful. Bar prices were reasonable for the aclohol, but £3.58 for a lime and soda was a tad steep!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate the time taken to post feedback about your stay at our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed the room size, our hotel location and the service our team provided. I noted your comment about not knowing how to shut off the air-conditioning. The control panel is located next to the bathroom door entrance.

I also noted your comment about your restaurant booking not being in the system.I have taken this up with the restaurant manager and a full investigation will take place with our reservations team to why this was not actioned.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights with my 2.5 year old daughter. Hotel was easy to get to by the tube at London bridge, also served by the rv1 bus which goes to covent garden, very handy when travelling with a stroller.

Every single member of staff was friendly and always asking if there is anything they could do. The room was a good size for London, even with a rollaway bed in there for my daughter. If you looked a certain angle out the window you could see the shard, which was a sight to behold. As it was my birthday a cake was delivered to our room, which was a lovely surprise.

We had a great rate including breakfast, which was amazing, full English and continental with loads of yummy pastries, one day I asked for a waffle which was heavenly! Definitely ask for one.

The bed was very comfortable and my daughter slept well in the rollaway.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Solomamatraveller
We value feedback from our guests and were so happy to read that you and your daughter had such an enjoyable stay. You are quite correct in that our hotel is centrally located with easy access to the tube at London bridge, also served by the overground, bus and taxi service.

I was extremely happy to read that you found every single member of staff to be friendly and accommodating.

We are happy that you enjoyed your surprise brthday cake and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

calgary
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We loved this hotel! We are both insomniacs and a quiet room is ultimately important. For the first time in years, we slept until 10:30 a.m.! The room was clean and spacious and the location was great. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We appreciate commentary from valued guests and strive to make your stay a pleasant and enjoyable home away from home experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.