Pacific Hotel
US$ 240
US$ 222
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 103
  • Restaurant
Ibis London City-Shoreditch(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 114
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 153
US$ 140
US$ 202
US$ 159
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
US$ 120
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
US$ 255
US$ 204
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 107
US$ 878
US$ 669
Taj Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2011

If this was advertised as a simple bed and breakfast, I would have no issue with it. However, it ambitiously purports to be a four star hotel, which it simply is not. If you're just after a bed to lay your weary head and a breakfast then fine. If you want anything more glamorous, such as tea-making facilities or shower gel, go for somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Screennam
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel after deciding on the day we wanted to spend the night in London and knew this area was 'hotel land'. The room served it's purpose really and gave us a comfortable bed and a breakfast (of sorts). The price was quite good for London, though this is no luxary hotel. The bathroom was tiny and the place could seriously do with a referb. The breakfast consisted of toast, 1 rasher of bacon, 2 fried eggs and a desert spoonfull of beans... pretty skimpy, but set us up til lunch. I would only stay here again if I was on a tight budget and wasn't bothered about staying somewhere nice. It is conveniently situated within walking distance from Paddington Station.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We arrived at the hotel and were quickly checked in and given our room key. As soon as we entered our room we were met by a strong scent of washing detergents. This was not surprising considering that outside one of the windows there was a clear view into the hotels laundry facilities. Moreover there was a pipe right outside the window that spewed out clouds of steam from the washing machines inside the washing facilities.

Since people in our family have allergies for these type of things, we asked for another room. The answer was that this was the best room in the hotel and was the only three man room at the time. As a result of that we ended up in a two man room, however there was none of the smell we had encountered in the other room. The only thing to complain about in this room was the view we had from the windows. There were huge stock piles of old mattresses laying on the floor outside. Sure we were living below ground floor, but I would like to expect something of a better view rather than seeing old mattresses and other rubbish outside my window.

The location of the hotel is the only good thing I can come up with now. We had good access to the tube and the National Rail service. It took about 3-4 minutes to walk to Paddington station. From Paddington you could take the Bakerloo, Circle or District line to were you needed to go. The Hotel is also located quite close to Hyde Park, but we did not have the time to pay a visit during our trip, unfortunately.

The food experience in the hotel was amongst the worse we have had. Every morning for breakfast you were given two strips of beacon, a fried egg and some baked beans, with little other choice. The portions that were served were also quite small.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PythonOS
Reviewed 21 June 2011

To cut a long story short: the people are friendly, the traffic noise is terrible and goes on all night. The rooms are poor but clean. Breakfast is very simple but allright.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank HMT59nl
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I booked into this hotel with booking.com but when I arrived I was told that due to a 'technical error' I had been rebooked into a different hotel as this one was in fact full. I have a feeling this 'technical error', mentioned by several other reviews too, is part of some kind of scam since (1) in my presence, the receptionist told a colleague on the phone 'yes i still have rooms here but she (another colleague?boss?) told me to send customers to the other place' and (2) the other hotel where i was sent to was of a much lower category, so it looks to me like they're using the booking.com website of the pacific to knowingly fill other, inferior hotels with customers. What made my experience disturbing is that the receptionist of the Pacific then sent me to a different hotel ("Ventures') which was just down the road, same street; but insisted that despite the address on the rebooking form saying that this was also on Sussex Gardens, I should ignore that and go to 'junction mews' where the hotel was actually located. This is in fact incorrect - Junction Mews turns out to be a very dark deserted alley with no hotels whatsover, and it was not very pleasant to find myself there (single women, 11 pm at night, dragging heavy luggage) while the hotel was actually on Sussex Gardens all along. I'm still wondering what the point of sending me to this lonely back alley was...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business