Days Inn London Hyde Park
US$ 228
US$ 221
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 258
US$ 202
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 107
US$ 878
US$ 666
1,140 results
All reviewspaddington stationsussex gardenshyde parkgreat locationcontinental breakfastheathrow expressboiled eggstriple roomyogurtfree wificold meatswould stay here againsmall hotelsmall roomfew minutes walkoxford streetearly check
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Yes, yes, we know. It's London, everything's a bit pricey, hotels of this kind, smallish and rooms to match the establishment. This hotel doesn't break the rule. You get what you pay. Being of the low-priced places,you get the low services. This isn't a criticism but a fact. Strolling around the area, I noticed ours was far better than some of the ugly-looking façades and doorways of a myriad hotels in Sussex Gardens. And when I say myriad I mean it! I counted over 70 establishments of all kinds in a radium of 5 minutes from Days Inn. So finding a good one, if you don't know any, it's a kind of luck from heaven above. Our room (306) was a bit hard to find. First, you take the lift to the second floor, then you walk along a narrow corridor, after that you have to find a door which tells you the number of another room which leads you not downstarirs as the number requires but upstairs to the next floor. Yeah, I know you may think why on earth we didn't use the lift up to the third as our room was but the fact is that the lift doesn't connect in any way with our room. Honestly, I got lost a couple of times before reaching the room. As far as I know, this is commom practice in some of the hotels in the area as we stayed in another one two years ago and it was the same labyrinthic maze. The bathroom in our room, a triple one, was single. The good thing of the room is that the towels were changed daily and there was an apparent sensation of cleanness. Breakfast was acceptable and service, fine. To end up, we'd probably come back to this place in the future because being on the realm of budget hotels, you get what you pay

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Hey so I took a spontaneous 2 night trip to London... The Days Inn was in a really good location. Close to pubs and restaurants, close to Paddington Station and the train to Heathrow... it's just the actual rooms were lacking.

It's an older hotel, my room was on the second floor above the street with a single paned window and no air conditioning and it's late August... so I had to sleep with my window open, no screen, lots of flies, the traffic noise was major. I slept with ear plugs. Then there is the wacky safe! It's on the floor of the closet so you have to sit on the floor to operate it. There is not a light above it and it was an older, trickier type. I spent a lot of time cursing the safe. haha Breakfast was nice. Would I stay there again? Probably not as sleep quality is very important to me. If I'm not well rested, my days are not as fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank AmyTheRealtor
Tim779, General Manager at Days Inn London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We will now look at providing extra lighting for the safes in that particular room.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Thimmaiah Gummatira
Cluster General Manager
Days Inn Hyde Park
148-152 Sussex Gardens
London
W2 1UD

Proud winner of
“Hotel of the Year 2008 "
Europe Middle East and Africa

Reviewed 24 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The people really make this hotel. Stayed here for part of my trip to the Olympics. The first room they gave us was literally as big as my bathroom at home - very, very small & cramped. There was also no air conditioning & it was scorching hot inside. We went downstairs & complained to the clerk, who was working alone. He said he was very sorry & moved us to a room with two QUEEN beds on the first floor (basement level), with a fan. It was a much better room - average for a Days Inn... because of the concerns, the clerk also did our laundry for FREE. Location was SUPERB. GREAT PEOPLE - hotel just needs an upgrade!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The Days-Inn is in busy Sussex Gardens, set back from the main road by a service road. Lift to all floors, or stairs. Dining room in the basement. Limited public areas which are quite small and functional. Room 203 is a double looking out on to Sussex Gardens main street. It's London, so it's noisy - that's not the fault of the hotel! Sash window opens fully. No air-con. Bed is very soft. Pillows firm, foam type. Decent lighting, small TV in the corner, kettle and tea/coffee making. Safe (broken, not working). Bathroom clean, with Dove captive soap dispensers in shower and next to hand basin. Shower semi-circular, good water temperature and decent flow rate. Lots of storage space. No noise noticed from other rooms. Friendly staff on reception.
Breakfast is continental self-service with limited cooked options. Good cereal selection with yoghurts, dairy produce, pastries, toast machine, hot drink maker, fresh fruit.
In summary, a clean typical central London hotel.

Room Tip: Room 203 was the one reviewed above
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo