“Really bad service DO NOT GO”
Review of Roti King

Roti King
Get food delivered
Ranked #1,912 of 24,033 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Founded by Malaysian chef Sugen Gopal, Roti King in Euston is acknowledged by many as one of London’s ‘greatest cheap eats’(Timeout, 2014) with dishes on offer that give you an authentic taste of Malaysian street food and home cooking. More recently, in 2020, The Times referenced Roti King as one of ‘the 100 best places to eat in the UK’. Our menu ranges from the iconic handmade soft flaky ‘Roti Canai’, fragrant curries like Beef Rendang, stir-fried noodles such as Mee Goreng Mamak and the ever loved Nasi – Nasi Lemak and Nasi Goreng. Guests are encouraged to tear, dip and devour their dishes with joy - Just go for it! Let’s not forget our much treasured national beverages, Teh Tarik and the Godzilla Milo, to be enjoyed with our dishes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A really bad service. Went there with my 2 children and husband. Round the corner from my really nice hotel. Got there and the man at the door said theres a waiting time of 2 hrs. The man was really unsympathetic my children were very hungry he could see but he just showed us how to book via an app. I advice do not bother with this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (696)

Reviewed 18 August 2021

Okay guys, my boyfriend and I love the food at Roti King, however, I was utterly disappointed about the service we got this time around. We went there early and got a table within 10 mins. After being sat down it was impossible to get hold of anyone to take our order and they even took orders from people who came in after us, despite it being a pretty small place. When we finally were able to order, we just wanted two mains and we thought the waitress (with face mask on) said “okay, you can order more later”, which from a business perspective makes sense. We finished our mains and wanted a dessert, but was then told that; No, you CANT order more, and that we should have ordered everything from the beginning??? How does that even make any sense? First of all we misunderstood her and secondly; what kind of business are you running to not allow people to have more food??? We had a bottle of wine which we paid a byob fee for and we were not even half way through so clearly we were gonna sit there an occupy the table anyway!

I was so disappointed about the service and the waiters in general and really do believe that you can do better!
I’m disappointed to say the least.

2  Thank KatYolo666
Reviewed 17 August 2021

It was our first visit and we had to queue a bit but it was surely worth the wait. Since going back to Malaysia is a dream for now, so home food is the comfort. We ordered the nasi lemak, roti canai and Kari Laksa and loved every bit of it.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

visited many times and have spend many hours waiting on the huge lines many times, this place do Malaysian street food, and is very close to Malaysia they are very authentic, will go back and recommend, great food great fast pace service and vibrant ambiance with a very street food style you will feel you are in Malaysia

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

My other half is from Malaysia so I know a thing or two about ‘roti’. This place is heaven. The mutton curry is to die for. Almost certainly the best roti canai joint in the UK - if not in Europe. Must try lah!

1  Thank Stellina_and_Sole