Plaza on the River
US$ 238
US$ 222
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 103
US$ 323
US$ 207
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 153
US$ 140
US$ 202
US$ 159
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 157
US$ 120
  • Free Internet
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 878
US$ 669
Orbitz.com
1,682 results
All reviewschino latinoriver viewbig benone bedroom suitelondon eyevauxhall stationpark plaza riverbankalbert embankmentwashing machinea small grocery storeroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfull kitchenvictoria lineguest relationsstar hotelbuilding work
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and me had the good fortune to stay at this amazing hotel on the day of the River Pageant had were given a two bedroomed apartment. The apartment's facilities were short of nothing, all the kitchen areas were fully stocked with everything you could wish for. A washing machine, microwave, full crockery and cutlery sets, glassware, pots, pans etc. We were only staying for the one night, and had the good fortune to have the view we had. However, without hesitation, we would return to this really excellent hotel. The staff were so attentive, particular thanks to Franziska and Sofia, who looked after us so well. Thank you ladies you made our experience truly unforgettable. We also dined in the Chino Latino Restaurant in the evening and once again the service was fantastic, along with the great food. We have been coming to London for many years and have truly come accross somewhere that delivers a 5* service. Wll done Park Plaza Riverbank, we will see you again. - Tracey & Keith

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to the Riverview apartments, you will not be disappointed.
3  Thank TraceysTravel
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear TraceysTravel,

Thank you for choosing us for your Jubilee weekend and your review. It was our pleasure to welcoming you at our hotel.

I read your review with great pride and look forward to sharing it with all the team, in particular Franziska and Sofia whom you have highlighted for their service.

I will ensure our Chino Latino Team is also receives a copy of your comments as an appreciation of their hard work.

Should you return to Plaza on the River to celebrate any special event or just for a short getaway as part of a holiday, please feel free to contact the Guest Relations team to arrange the reservation for you.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed in this hotel on a Friday night whilst out for a friends birthday in London.
I paid the upgrade cost for a room with a view and didn't regret it - stunning view of the rRiver Thames with the Westminster Bridge just behind and the houses of parliment.
The location was fab because you have easy access to everywhere from Vauxhall station which is a 5 minute walk away and connects directly to Bakerloo and Victoria
Staff were lovely and very friendly
Accommodation was lovely - honestly not my cup of tea in terms of the interia decor design but it was really well kept, immaculately clean and nice and spacy
Overall I would really rate this hotel, if I need accommodation in the city in future, this will be first stop to see if they have availability

3  Thank Laura K

Dear Laura K,

Thank you very much for your review. Let me take the opportunity to wish Happy Birthday to your friends again on behalf of the Plaza on the River Guest RelationsTeam.

It makes me extremly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you had a great experience with all our facilities and the lovely view.

We do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We desired a room that was outside the "crush" of downtown London yet still convenient to walk into town and theater district. The Plaza on the River is a combined hotel and residence type of hotel. Although we thought we had booked in the hotel (very trendy), we were guided to the suite side and offered a studio apartment. We requested a Thames River view and were told that if we were willing to wait a couple of hours, they could give us one. Wow, was that worth the wait! A one-bedroom suite, at no additional upcharge, overlooking the Thames and the Parliament building. It was a beautifully appointed apartment where, if one wished to, the amenities were all there to use the small kitchen.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the breakfast, that we decided to include in our stay, was generous, offering both hot and cold options and varied. Good option in expensive London.

The only restaurant on the premises is beautifully appointed, but the asian focus,while artistic, was not great and also expensive. There are not a lot of dining options in the vicinity, so that is the only inconvenience. It is a walk into town if you don't want to use a cab. Great way to walk off the fish & chips!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Thames River!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelguruDanville
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear TravelguruDanville,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your liked the apartment overlooking to the River Thames.

I will pass your comments to the Guest Relations Team as an appreciation for their hard work.

I’m very surprised that you were unimpressed with our Chino Latino Restaurant, we’ve received nothing but positive comments previously, however, your views are appreciated.

Please feel free to contact our Concierge Team in the future for recommendation for a great range of restaurants in the area or try our unique In room dining experience.

I look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for our Minimoon just recently and found it fantastic. The service you receive from the off is second to none and that did not stop there.

Shortly after arriving in our room, we was sent chocolates and a congratulations card on getting wed. They even upgraded us when they found out we were honeymooners (for free).

Food service in the room was wonderful and we did not find that you felt pressured to give a tip. In fact the waiter left pretty fast and left use to enjoy our food in which we did. They were wonderful across the entire stay and more than willing to bend over backwards to help you in any way.

I personally cannot find any fault in our stay and would highly recomend it to anyone and everyone.

One thing i will say is that if you are travelling by train, as we were, then go to Vauxell station not waterloo. We thought we could walk from waterloo but 20 mins later with a very heavy suitcase, we got there to find Vauxell was so much more closer.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. We did not have any Noise problems from level 4.
2  Thank L-Dorling

Dear L-Dorling ,

Thank you very much for choosing Plaza on the River Club and Residence for such a special occasion. On behalf of the Guest Relations Team I would like to wish you all the best in the future.
Let me take the opportunity to thank you for your nice comments about the staff across different departments.

Please feel free to contact me directly in case you would like to celebrate your first anniversary with us, when perhaps we can pre-arrange car to pick you up from the airport to avoid the long and difficult journey from the airport.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Plaza is definitely five stars all the way and, as expected, guests recieve excellent service and treatment. Our family of four had an executive suite, which was roughly a 30 sqm apartment. It was well appointed with all the gadgets and accoutrement that one would expect in a five star place. My only gripe is that the carpeting could use a good clean (or replacing) and that our view was of a neighbouring building that appeared to be in the process of being gutted for refurbishment. A river view would have been nice, but when in London we tend to be out and about all day anyway. As for the location, it's a bit of a trek for the little ones, but a taxi to and from all the action typically costs less than a tenner. Over the past twenty years I've travelled to London both for business and pleasure and I've experienced a wide variety of accomodation; generally you do get what you pay for. So, if the family would like a nice place to return to after a busy day of London adventure, treat yourself to the Plaza.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MisterKlean

Dear MisterKlean,

Thank for your review and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of the Housekeeping Team I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback about the rooms and carpets. Just to inform you we have just started our extensive carpet refurbishment project in our hotel.

Prior to your next visit, please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team to secure a room with a River view overlooking to the River Thames.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future when perhaps I can thank you for your feedback personally.