4,530 results
All reviews tower hill tube station rubber duck great hotel jelly beans elemis toiletries business district walk in shower deluxe room pret a manger minute walk free upgrade continental breakfast modern hotel quiet location weekend break west end booked this hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Disappointed there was no bath for the price paid. Also breakfast was luke warm and the coffee completely tasteless. Otherwise though it was a nice hotel and the bed was comfortable and the rooms clean.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank davidwhite100
Kamila H, Manager at Apex City of London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear davidwhite100,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Apex City of London Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that the breakfast offering did not live up to the high standards which we strive to deliver for all of our guests. Although we may not always enjoy receiving negative feedback, it certainly allows us to review the services we provide and helps us to concentrate our training efforts where needed to build confidence and skills of our colleagues

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or our front desk team prior to your next stay. We do have many different types, styles and layouts of rooms available to our guests, and I am confident we can find something that will exceed your expectations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Apex Hotel, and had a lovely experience, my stay was very short only 2 days, but the service was amazing. From when I got out the taxi the porter took my bags and got me checked in, he also helped me take my bags to my room as I have a bad back! The receptionist staff where very helpful and kind! Overall the stay was excellent and will return very soon.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank hellen556
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The hotel was beautiful and the service was impeccable. We would have preferred to be closer to the center of town but it was still walkable. It’s near the tower bridge which was one of the hop on hop off bus locations.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christina W
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Given the large construction project across the street you should advise guests of this. As I was staying on the 1st floor in Rm #113 the noise was ridiculous. In addition, I had to keep my shades closed the entire time as this room can be seen into by all of the surrounding buildings a bit unsettling to say the least. In addition, there is no air conditioning in the hallways outside of your room and it was stifling to return to every day. My safe didn't work with certain numbers. Overall for the price paid, the noise, and the room choice I wouldn't stay here for business again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank l0ridyer
Kamila H, Manager at Apex City of London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear l0ridyer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We are so sorry to hear that not everything went smoothly for you during your stay and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment that was caused.

We truly appreciate our guests feedback, as it is the only way we can improve our services. Please could I ask that you get in touch with me personally at kamila.houdkova@apexhotels.co.uk, so I can discuss the matter in more detail, and assure your concerns are addressed properly.

Despite these unfortunate circumstances, I do hope we shall have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, in order to deliver more memorable experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel was super easy to get to via tube (Tower Hill stop). There’s lots of food options nearby - Pret-a-manger was down the block and perfect for a grab and go breakfast. Crutched Friar was half a block away - highly recommended.

We had a great hotel experience - the moment we walked into our room, I could smell cigarette smoke (note, this is a non smoking hotel), so when I called down to ask, they immediately changed our room, bringing the key to us. We were upgraded and the room was spacious - we had a couch, even had a small fridge, and an in room safe. Very clean and furniture was better than expected, including the bed.

Overall it was better than I expected.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kamila H, Manager at Apex City of London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Cam_C00,

Thank you for your review. We were delighted to read you kind comments about our central location and our rooms. I will have a great pleasure of sharing your kind comments with our team members.

I am sorry that your initial arrival experience was somewhat marred, I was glad to hear that the reception team has recovered the experience and found you a new room. I will ensure your comments are shared with my colleagues in housekeeping department. Although we may not always enjoy receiving negative feedback, it certainly allows us to opportunity to review the services we provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Apex City of London hotel when your travels bring you back to London.

Warm Regards,