“Perfect experience”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #86 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in the end of May with my 8-year old daughter. I have travelled a lot around the world, but the experience at Apex was so outstanding it made me submit my first Tripadvisor review (as I used Tripadvisor to select the hotel in the first place). The experience was flawless, the check-in quick and smooth, staff were friendly, courteous, they upgraded us from superior to deluxe room. The room itself was large, super-clean, quiet and sleeping was really comfortable. The breakfast was delicious with wide variety of choices regardless of time (we ate either on 6.30 or 9 a.m.), and again, efficient and ever-smiling staff ready to help. The location of hotel is great - steps away from the Tower of London, the Tower Hill underground station and the DLR station as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ondrej S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Apex City of London Hotel

Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I enjoyed all but one thing during our recent stay. Like previous posts - clean, spacious rooms, excellent bathroom, quiet and modern. 3 blocks to the tube. However, like most things in London, the restaurant was pricy. So we wanted to hit a local pub for a fish’n chips and a few beers. The concierge didn’t know of any except across the Thames – “maybe”. He claimed the area was business only. We asked the manager on duty and one other worker. Same response. So across the Thames we went only to find out the next night while strolling the area that there are at least 3 lively pubs within an 8 iron of the hotel. I can only guess their lack of local knowledge was to keep us in their own restaurant. For $350 a night, I expect more

2  Thank mickeyc
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed in this hotel and I have loved it both times. The hotel is very clean and modern and the breakfast is very nice. I am quite fussy about where I stay but was so glad that I chose the Apex City of London. The beds are the most comfortable that I have slept in and there is even a DVD library if you wanted to watch one in the room. The rooms were equiped with Elemis toileteries and lovely soft towels.

The weather whilst we were away was very wet and the hotel staff kindly gave us an umbrella to return that evening, nothing was too much trouble for the staff there.

If you would like a quite, classy hotel that is not pretentious stay here, but don't forget to take home your complementary duck!!

1  Thank Donna41Doncaster
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed for a long weekend for the marathon weekend and was impressed with all aspects of the Apex. Check in was quick (we arrives at 1530 on Friday) and the room was clean and big - great as we have found some rooms to be small when staying in London. The bathroom was a good size, only comment would b the water pressure in the shower was no te best and hot tap was slow when filling bath.

Staff were friendly bu could be bit quicker at breakfast and in the bar. Location was great for us with Tower Hill tube just round the corner.

I would thoroughly reccommend this hotel and will be rebooking for next years marathon.

1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 27 April 2012

When first checking in during the day the staff were friendly and the rooms allocated (I think they were executive or deluxe?) were very nice, quiet, well stocked and very pleasant.

However the night staff we appalling to deal with, they were not helpful and seemed to take a hostile approach to any enquiries.

Breakfast was fine, service was slow and not always helpful but the selection was good. Prices seemed unreasonable however if not included in room price.

On second night, a family member joined us and so we asked for a twin room extra as previously we had a double; this was done with much reluctance, made complicated and the room given was dingy and awful, small and very low quality. If this was the room given on arrival we wouldnt have stayed.

Location is good if you need to be in the city. Tubes and london tower close by. May be a trek if you want to visit other parts of london though.

Room Tip: Rooms off to the right of the hotel, not off the main block were much much nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family