“Clean and well-located”

Ranked #148 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Clean and well-located”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Clean room, although bathroom needs better ventilation to clear funky damp smell. Staff very friendly. Great location. Bed very comfortable. For the room price, 30min free wireless is taking the mickey. Snack machine never worked during our 3-night stay. If this was a standard £50/night Premier Inn, I'd stay again; with the £135/night London price tag, I'd probably pay a few notes more for a premier experience.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChubbsyKent
GeneralManagerKXPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kings Cross Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Premier Inn King's Cross St Pancras.
We appreciate your comments about our great location, our clean and comfortable rooms and our fantastic team. We guarantee you a good night sleep in a very central location.
Thank you for your feedback, this is important to us as it helps us to improve our service and our products.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in London.

Kind regards.

Pene Davies,
Operations manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Can't fault it really. Good sized, clean modern room. Our room overlooked the internal courtyard / reception area and was very quiet with no traffic noise. Expensive for a Premier Inn but good value for central London. Great base for exploring London and minutes from King's Cross and Euston station. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank WellBowledShane
Dear guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we really appreciate your comments about our hotel and our team. Our rooms have everything you need for a comfortable stay and we guarantee you a good night sleep in the center of London.

If you book in advance you can visit our website to find some great rates!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to see you next time you are in London.

Kind regards,

Pene Davies,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this Premier Inn while on business attending a conference in London. Arrived by train just after 9.30am and was able to leave cases in storage until our party was to check in after the conference had finished. Excellent free service offered. Upon returning staff were very friendly and helpful to aid us to check in via self service, which was quick and easy. Off to the room. The rooms in London are often like matchboxes, but this was a nice spacious room which huge super king size bed, reasonable bathroom, with over bath shower, and a dressing table/desk. Fully air conditioned. Flat screen TV with good choice of channels. Bed was very comfy with two firmness pillows. Breakfast the next morning was very good and well worth £10. Good choice with juices, cooked l, continental, cereal and fresh tea and coffee. Staff were again very helpful and friendly. Check out was just as easy. Definitely worth the money and a good stay for when you need a bed for the night in a central and easily accessible hotel. Two minute walk from King's Cross main station. 10/10

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank sophieahoult
GeneralManagerKXPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kings Cross Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we really appreciate your comments about our hotel and our team. We guarantee you a good night sleep in a great central location, our rooms have everything you need for a comfortable stay and our fantastic team is happy to assist you anytime during your stay.
Our "All you can eat" breakfast is excellent good value for money and it definitely sets you up for the day!

Thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcome you back at Premier Inn King's Cross St Pancras.

Kind regards,
Pene Davies
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed here for one night and am staying again in two weeks time. The location is great for tube, mainline and eurostar services, and is situated within a 5 minute walk from Kings cross station.
I walked from the hotel into central London taking around 20-25 minutes which I didn't think I could do so well pleased.
I did ask if I could stay in the same room for my next visit but I was told I couldn't which is a shame as i'll have my young daughter with me and the room was lovely and quiet which would be great with her, I know other hotels can do that for you in advance just a shame premier inn don't...Hasn't put me off mind!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerKXPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kings Cross Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn London King's Cross St Pancras.
We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We guarantee you a good night sleep in a very central location and our rooms have everything you need for a comfortable stay.

Thanks again for your kind comments, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in London.

Kind Regards,

Pene Davies
Queensland
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I chose this hotel for a one night stop over after returning to London from Cornwall and wanting to catch an early train at King's Cross. It had very good ratings.
I can really only reiterate Alinette's experience.
The staff we did encounter were pleasant but if this is the way of the future for hotels (ie self check in) I won't be travelling. I had to make a couple of phone calls. The phone requires you to pay by credit card. My first call was an engaged number, so the call lasted 2 seconds. I then received a text message on my mobile to say my credit card had been suspended and to call Australia. (i didn't use my mobile to make these calls due to cost). I used my second credit card to try and make the call required but that card was suspended as well!!!! SO, I had to ring Australia on my mobile after all to sort out the issues with my credit cards !!!! Not happy.
Whilst the hotel cannot be responsible for the issues with my credit card, it would have been so much easier just to pay for the phone calls when i checked out.
I had stayed the week before this at the Russell in Bloomsbury but decided on The Premier Inn because of it's proximity to King's Cross. Should have just stayed at The Russell!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Social Media at Premier Inn London Kings Cross Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn we endeavour high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office.