“Long term stayer”

Ranked #529 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
London, United Kingdom
“Long term stayer”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I've stayed in many hostels around Europe and I have to say this was one of my favourites as I decided to stay here for a few months.The location is very close to the heart of London and for the affordable price you cant really go wrong. The staff are very helpful as well and try to help as much as they can. Would definitely recommend due to the affordable price in a popular area of London.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Baz184
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I was there few years ago and that was the worse experience that I had in my life so far. I decided to write a review because I can't believe the things most of the people had wrote here. At first I had a bad feeling about it but it's a hostel and it's cheap so it's normal I thought. After we got into our room things got worse. Clean hmmm really are you kidding me stains everywhere, on the bedsheets, the carpet and the walls. Also there was no window instead of a window there was a newspaper. After our stay there I got some kind of a rash on my legs but not a bedbugs rash some other kind. I don't want to be mean but that was my experience there and believe me I usually don't sleep in fancy hotels but even for my low expectations and needs that was TERRIBLE. I hope that it's different now but I won't stay there ever again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cvetiv

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I'm extremely surprised that anybody would recommend this accomodation to anybody! My partener and I stayed in a double room for 2 nights in August 2011. We had read the reveiws posted on trip advisor but decided to take the risk. There were stains in the carpet and walls in the bedroom. Mould was growing on the walls in the bathrooms and the breakfast was average. The place needed a serious clean and upgrade! We returned to London at the end of our holiday and stayed at the Montana Excel. This hotel was miles better then Acacia hotel at about the same price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I have been in and out of london for 6 years and always stay here when visiting and setting up business because of the great location.
Singh, Avis, Bhavesh, Simran and Anus always bend over backwards to help me when I arrive.It is definitely value for money because I am able to live in South Ken, have breakfast and most importantly have a laugh with the staff ranging from travels to training exercises and nutrition.
The guests are from all around the world, friendly and interesting.
In a funny sort of way you become attached to it and I have ended up staying for a month before being kicked out by bhavesh, who clearly isn't as keen on me!(All in good humour)
Try it out, once in a life time experience,like seeing the Taj Mahal, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: A good, positive attitude always bears tasty fruits.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Solothurn, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Acacia Hostel is a value for money in a great location, it is not the Ritz but the friendly professional team is worth a million dollars it is a home away from home, It is clean and functional , the upstairs dorms are better than the basement ones. When my daughter arrived in London, her wallet , passport , and Phone were stolen at the Bus Stop. The Acacia Staff did everything to help her. The Hostel is walking distance from Royal Albert Hall, the Natural History Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum and the Science Museum, Finally it is a friendly clean hostel in a great location , breakfast is included and staff are always on duty and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family