“Elegant”

Afternoon Tea at The Milestone
Ranked #2,403 of 25,017 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 33 - US$ 53
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Afternoon Tea is a quintessentially English tradition and is upheld in its finest form here at The Milestone. It is a treat in more ways than one - a delicious array of delicate finger sandwiches is accompanied by warm freshly baked scones served with Devonshire clotted cream and home-made preserves, as well as a selection of pastries including éclairs, tartlets, cupcakes and macaroons. Accompanied by a vast tea menu or perhaps a glass of champagne, enjoy tea at your leisure in fine surroundings and experience the superior service for which The Milestone is renowned. Top tip: Make sure you let us know which treat you liked best and we'll be happy to bring you another, as well as free flowing top-ups of your selected tea or coffee.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I redeemed Avios points for this experience. The venue is very luxurious. I did feel a little out of place when a staff member took my down jacket. It was a very cold day so I had to dress warmly, but my impression was that fancy dress would be preferred.

Servers were prompt and efficient. The afternoon tea provided a great selection of sandwiches and fancies. Leftovers were boxed so I enjoyed these later in the evening at my hotel.

1  Thank flamingo150

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My mum kindly reserved a table for the two of us on 27th March as it was my birthday and I’d wanted to visit The Milestone Hotel for a long time. She didn’t receive any confirmation so my sister rang to see if they’d received her email. The lady who she spoke to was very helpful and friendly and said that it was actually booked in for two in the conservatory at 3pm and that it was for a birthday celebration. She then sent a confirmation email to my mum. I was very excited when my mum told me where we going. We were warmly welcomed at the door and I confirmed our reservation. We were led into the bar area and were asked where we would like to sit. When I explained that my mum had booked the conservatory we were told that it was being used for a photo shoot and wasn’t available. Again I explained that this was what was on the booking confirmation and we sat and waited whilst the young man went to check. Eventually it was sorted and we were sat in the conservatory. We waited a little while to order and were quite surprised to hear that the burgers weren’t made in-house but supplied. My mum decided to try it anyway. The man who took our order and served us was very helpful and friendly too. In general the food tasted nice but unfortunately as the burger was not in-house it had to be cooked more than my mum would normally choose and therefore she found it quite dry. On the upside, the cocktail that I had was nicely done. My mum was disappointed, as when my sister explained to her that the reservation was noted down as a birthday celebration she thought that we might get a complimentary pastry or mini cake to wish me happy birthday or at least that a member of staff would acknowledge that it was my birthday, but unfortunately neither of these happened. Obviously we wouldn’t normally expect this but as it was mentioned on the reservation and as we have had a little surprise treat in other London hotels before, we were both a little disappointed. When we received the bill my mum was charged £30 for a burger that was on the menu for £28. All the staff that we came across were welcoming and friendly.

MilestoneGM, General Manager at Afternoon Tea at The Milestone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Elizabeth

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent visit to The Milestone.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that your visit did not go as smoothly as it should have and please do accept my apologies for the various inconsistencies in information and service you received on this occasion.

Your visit most certainly did not live up to our usual level of service and I'd be most grateful if you could contact my Assistant, Belinda Brett, on bbrett@rchmail.com to discuss a possible return visit. As an aside, our burgers are most certainly prepared in-house and to order by our chefs. We are restricted by legislation in the UK in terms of the length of cooking time required for the burger patty but that should have been the only enquiry, somthing that the waiting staff should have been able to easily address.

Once again, please accept my apologies for a less than perfect celebration and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a Saturday afternoon treat with two friends. From the second we arrived the service was excellent! All staff were extremely attentive, welcoming and friendly. The setting was beautiful and felt very luxurious and high end, exactly what you would expect from the hotel. The afternoon tea was delicious! Probably the best sandwiches I have had from an afternoon tea and I have been to loads! There was a huge variety of cakes and although it wasn’t presented that we had three sets of everything, you could request additional/ seconds of everything so everyone had exactly what they wanted and more! Our teas were topped up many times throughout our visit and the scones are served warm at the end, crispy and golden in colour. Delicious! I would definitely go again and recommend others to as well.

1  Thank chelsea r

Dear Chelsea

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and we're so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Milestone. Please do come back again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The hotel is definitely not in the cheap end, but it is so much worth it. Fantastic surroundings, very competent personel. Huge serving, that pretty much everyone will need to bring som in one of their cool doggy bags.

MilestoneGM, General Manager at Afternoon Tea at The Milestone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Morten R

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your visit and we're so pleased you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea. As a company, we do believe in generous hospitality and I agree, our pastries and scones do the job perfectly!

I will, of course, pass on your kind comments to the team, especially our Head Pastry Chef, Chloe Hemery.

We do hope to have an occasion to welcome you back to The Milestone in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Afternoon tea treat for my disabled grandmother and she thoroughly enjoyed it. We got a taxi direct to the hotel. It was a tad noisy but we were not disturbed too much. It’s very welcoming. The afternoon tea selection was fantastic - we even had a free hot chocolate! Really lovely day and afternoon tea.

MilestoneGM, General Manager at Afternoon Tea at The Milestone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Krystal

Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback about your recent Afternoon Tea experience and we're so pleased that you and your mum enjoyed your time with us. We are very fortunate to have a truly gifted French pastry chef and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to her.

Please do accept our sincere apologies for any disruption to the enjoyment of your visit. We are currently refurbishing one of our Grand Master Suites and although we'll have to endure a bit of disturbance for a short time, the end result, we know, will be breathtaking.

Once again, many thanks for your support and we hope to be able to welcome you both back to The Milestone at some point in the future.

Andrew Pike

Been to Afternoon Tea at The Milestone? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK