1,768 results
All reviews bedroom suite full kitchen washer dryer quilon restaurant st james court james park home away from home concierge team every evening room service nespresso machine turn down service four seasons wonderful hotel wonderful stay victoria station green park
Reviewed 14 October 2017

my frustration with tripadvisor grows daily. this is a very nice 4 star hotel but in no way does this fit into a luxury category(four season, peninsula, st regis, etc.) we stayed here for two nights in a falconer's suite. the walls, the furnishings,etc were very worn. the worst part of all was that no one mentioned to our travel agent that the gym and spa were essentially closed for renovations. this is a huge deal to us and when i spend over 900 dollars a night for hotel, i would hope that i could use the spa and gym services. we had initally booked at the four seasons and changed our minds at the last minute based on the reviews.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, your suite or the alternative gym and treatment rooms which we have lovingly arranged in our ground floor suites while be redesign our Wellness Centre to bring it to a world class facility. We have indeed tried to reach as many booking forums as possible to inform them of the alternative arrangements and I am sorry if your agent did not have this information.

We truly appreciate every TripAdvisor and other methods of guest feedback whether is is positive or negative as this gives us the best information and best opportunity to improve on what we do, which ultimately it is to offer the warmest of service in a heritage hotel in one of the most beautiful cities of the world.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Suites and Residences. The service was first class. We actually stayed 2 different times this trip. Both times were incredible. We were upgraded generously both times. The attention to detail was first rate. All the employees were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast that came with our room was outstanding. The location is very convenient to all the major sights. It's very walkable and the hotel is near the underground. The hotel is near Victoria Station also. We love this hotel!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay with us not once but twice during this trip and also for your most wonderful review.

I am thrilled to know that you had a lovely stay and you very very pleased with your suites and the service from the team.

I sincerely hope you will return and stay with us again on your next trip to London.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at Taj 51 for the Saints vs Miami game that was held at Wembley Stadium. From beginning to end the staff and service was impeccable! The attention to detail and our needs was unmatched by any other 5 Star establishment that I've stayed at. I have absoluetly no complaints!
The suite contained a full size kitchen and living room. All amenities were upscale. The bed was great. We used room service during our stay and the food was excellent. We ate breakfast every morning at Kona and it was superb. I recommend the Belgium waffles.
If you have the opportunity try the Alice In Wonderland Tea you will not be disappointed.
This will be our go to hotel when visiting London in the future!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay with us and for your most wonderful review.

I am truly delighted to know that we have now become your favorite hotel in London and that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.

We are very privilege to have a very caring team who will work tirelessly to ensue your comfort and satisfaction.

Thank you also for your recommendation for the Alice in wonderland Afternoon tea, it really is a sweet treat!

We look forward to welcome you back for the NFL game next year?

Warmest regards

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Over the last few years we have treated ourselves to trips to London staying for 3 nights in some of the so called best hotels taking advantage of special offers such as 3 nights for the price of two .Even with these discounts a decent suite costs usually costs about £1000 p.n..Decreasing special offers and increasing prices made me look around for a hotel that offered quality at a value price .I have used the Taj group in India many times but had not come across their London hotel
The hotel and the Suites are tucked away within walking distance of Buck palace and located in very imposing old buildings .The suites and residences offer varied types of accommodation with separate kitchens for those wishing to cook .
Our one bed deluxe suite was superb ,well decorated ,comfortable bed and furniture .The staff were all brilliant and could not do enough for you .Breakfast ,cooked to order was as good as any I have had in any hotel and we ate in the Bistro 1 evening and again the service was top class although I will say the lamb Rogan was not that great. The lamb was very good but the sauce lacked tomato and had no hint of being a curry .The hotel bar is really comfortable although small .The drinks are priced fairly for London and the bar food good
The cost for 3 nights was only a third to a half of what I would have to pay in household name hotels less than a mile or so away We came away having had a very enjoyable time and more importantly feeling we had got real value for money .
I have already booked to go back for another 3 nights .
The only criticism I could make is that the television channels could do with more movie channels .Sports fans are well catered for .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

All suite (apartment) hotel near Buckingham Palace. Had a premier (was upgraded) 1 bedroom suite with living room , bedroom and full kitchen with washing machine. Suite was beautiful, service at hotel, especially the concierge, was excellent. Breakfast included was terrific, but often had to wait to be seated because very full. Huge ethnic Indian clientele as it is an Indian owned group of hotels. We were made to feel very welcome....would certainly use this hotel again. We stayed for 4 days.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple