“Incredible!”

Ranked #5 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Portland, Oregon
“Incredible!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I've been remiss in writing this as I've been a bit busy, but stayed at the 51 for a week on a business trip in March/April. I never tire of staying at the 51 because the service is so flawless and incredible. The welcome is genuine and warm and the standards are always of the highest.
Manageress Araceli Rius-Perez continues to lead with passion, innovation and integrity. Each guest gets the very best care and hospitality. As always, the staff are quite simply the best at what they do. I still believe they should be teaching others about hospitality. Perhaps the 51 School of Hospitality?
This trip was more business than pleasure, but the pleasure was knowing I could relax at the 51 every day I got back from work. I did have a business dinner in my suite one night and the food from Quilon was divine. My colleague, who resides in London, could not believe have wonderful the food was. The chef kindly accommodated food allergy issues for my colleague. Another day I met colleagues in the beautiful courtyard for drinks. The setting is lovely and hard to believe that you are in the centre of London. Our meeting went longer than we planned and so we progressed into the Library for drinks and canapes. Delicious!
As always the staff, from housekeeping, bellmen, butlers to concierges are friendly, but never intrusive. They make you feel welcome and that nothing is too much trouble. Vasi, Sergio and Iara are great butlers, dealing with whatever calamity you might have with complete calm and "can do" attitude. And then there's Nelson and Alex, concierge staff that handle all requests, no matter how wacky, with complete aplomb. I think Nelson might have magical powers, because I've never yet stumped him with any request I've had, even when I asked for a tape measure!
Stay at the 51, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I love that all the rooms are a little bit different. It makes it more fun when you arrive to see ho...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ksullivanvance
, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Ksullivanvance,

Thank you once again for taking the time from your busy schedule to write yet another wonderful review of 51 Buckingham Gate.

The greatest compliment to a hotel is to welcome year after year a guest like you and to know that the anticipation of your arrival is mutually shared as the team always looks forward to your next stay.

Your kind words for the members of the team are greatly appreciated by all and we truly appreciate to have such wonderful ambassador of the hotel.

I very much look forward to continue delighting you and to take care of your every need on your return.

With warmest regards and best wishes

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My wife and I stayed recently at 51 Buckingham Gate Hotel in London.A gem of a Hotel.We stayed for 11 nights.Our package gave us a greeting at Heathrow and we travelled into London in style.As it was an early arrival we had prebooked to allow us immediate access.Our room or better still the apartment was so well appointed with a separate lounge and bedroom and a welcome basket of food essentials.
During our stay the staff could not do enough for us,taxis,tickets,directions and meals.The in house Indian Dining area was superb.The cocktail hour in the hotel was friendly and complimentary.

Our room was serviced daily to a very high standard.

The hotel is well positioned close to transport,Buckingham Palace,Victoria Station.

A wonderful Stay at a Hotel which has the highest standards of service and friendliness.

Would recommend for the single traveller,couples and families with interconnecting rooms.

Well done to all the staff we will return.

John Curtin

Room Tip: Would suit all groups,stay in an apartment.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John c
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear John C,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and first of all thank you so much for choosing to stay at 51 Buckingham Gate for your extended stay in London.

I am delighted to know that you and your wife very much enjoyed your suite and its amenities as well as the services of the hotel and I am thrilled to know that you found all the staff at the hotel frienly and caring.

No need to say how much we would love to see you returning to stay with us again very soon and I sincerely hope this will be the case.

With warmest regards and best wishes

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Just one night on an obviously very busy weekend, but everything was just perfect ! Chosen initially for your close proximity to the Palace as we were lucky enough to have tickets for the concert.Staff so helpful considering my lack of mobility and the concierge staff particularly made things that much easier.Cocktails were delicious. The afternoon tea looked delightful. I hope to make a return visit with other members of my family in the future.Such a relaxed atmosphere.Thankyou

Room Tip: We were on the top floor.Surprisingly good view of Big Ben which was unexpected.Twin room was huge w...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gina L
Dear Gina L,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review and I do hope you have recovered from the Jubilee weekend which was just a fantastic time for us at 51 Buckingham Gate- so close to the Palace - that we enjoyed the music and the fireworks from many of our suites!!

I very much hope that you return to stay with us with the rest of your family for a quiet and relaxing stay very soon.

Best wishes

England
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Only one night - but wished it had been for longer. The staff went out of their way to provide a first class friendly hospitable service. Could find no faults and would recommend. great central and QUIET location. Just wished we had tried the Michellin star Indian cuisine - save that for next time. Thanks Taj Suites.

Room Tip: we had a one bedroonm apartment - could not fault it - very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Wendy 087,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted to know that even staying with us for one night only the team managed to make your stay a memorable one.

Please make sure you come back again soon, you have the excuse that you need to try the food at the Quilon and that is a very good excuse indeed to return to us.

Withe warm regards and best wishes

chennai
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just Back Home After Spending a week at this wonderful hotel. Having spent close to 2 weeks last year and enjoying every bit of the stay I was eagerly looking forward to this trip and hoping to enjoy it as much as the previous year.This hotel not just met, but exceeded my expectations.Though the room was splendid and the location of this hotel very central,,Its the par excellence service which makes it such a memorable place to stay.The ever so courteous staff make us feel completely at home.Never missed any hotel as much as this.Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Yathinreddy78,

Thank you very, very much for your wonderful review.

It is fantastic for us to read Tripadvisor daily and to get to know our guests likes, read about tips and recomendations but nothing makes us happier than to hear that you miss us at 51 Buckingham Gate and that the team looked after you so well that you had great experiences in both your stays over the last two years.

I can only thank you again for your loyalty and we eagarly await your return next summer.

With best wishes and warmest regards