All reviewsbritish museumrussell squarebedford placecontinental breakfastsouthampton rowbloomsbury areaquiet streetcovent gardenholborn tube stationsister hotellarge roomthere is no air conditioningfull englishgood sizewest endtottenham court roadsmall hotel
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from the Clarendon hotel / London - we had 3 different reception staff deal with us during our stay and all 3 were superb and couldn't do enough
The hotel is well placed for Russell Square tube station - or walk to Covent Garden and other local sights Trafalgar Square
We ordered room service one night - though there are slot of eating places nearby
Would certainly stay herd again - breakfast was also good

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Clarendon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be "superb". We very much look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights as a group of 4. First time staying in the area and was delighted with how quiet the street was, with good travel links to the rest of the city. Rooms were okay, clean but not overly spacious, the temperature during our visit was in and around 28-30 degrees the whole time and we had no AC in either room which was badly needed, there was a fan but it didn't do too much to combat the temperature. Breakfast was okay, again nothing special but pleasant enough.

When I returned home after checking out I realised I had left my phone charger, I phoned the hotel and asked if they would be able to post it to me, no harm in asking? They said they would have a look and be in touch. I received a painfully detailed email regarding their lost property policy. Without boring anyone on here to death by reading it (3 pages) they explained that I needed to give them a detailed description of the item (fair enough) they also informed me I had to pay £8 for the handling and postage fee, also I had to pay by card over the phone and the fee for that would be £10, a grand total of £18 and the hassle involved to get myself a phone charger which cost £6, eh no thanks. Actually found it quite amusing, they can keep the charger, maybe they can sell it on and put the money towards some AC in the rooms :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank meestawhips

Thank you for your comments. Although I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the quiet area of the hotel, I regret your subsequent difficulties. Please note that the Grange Clarendon is a listed building and we have not been granted permission to instal air conditioning.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I stayed here with my daughter for 3 nights in February whilst seeing sights
Was very clean and staff helpful
We didnt take breakfast at the hotel but it did look nice a filling we chose to use the close cafes which were near by and reasonable
A great base for sight seeing close to all amenities would definately return

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

We are pleased you and your daughter enjoyed staying at the Grange Clarendon for your recent Lodnon sightseeing trip and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Excellent location in a quiet street, quietly elegant rooms, good continental breakfast, attentive front desk staff. Initial problems with the room saw us moved without fuss to a better room. This is the second Grange hotel we have stayed at and we don't really have anything bad to say about it, except for the weak water pressure of the flush.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found your stay to be good value and that you liked the elegant Grange Clarendon Hotel, the staff and breakfast. We hope you will return to a Grange Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a weekend break and wanted something a little more special than a Travelodge.
Researched and found this hotel on lastminute. Photos looked good and price was reasonable but didn't include breakfast.
Location is OK with Russel Square tube a short walk away but we decided to walk everywhere this weekend.
Reception staff are pleasant enough.
The room we are in is tiny with the end of the bed virtually touching the wall.
Clean but not spotless. Large watermarks on bathroom taps, large crumbs near coffee/tea making area. White stain!! On the brown bedroom throw.
Net curtains ripped.
Bed was comfortable but noisy and squeaked every time you rolled over. Pillows were square and full of air!!
TV has basic channels and nothing more.
Shower was hot and reasonably powerful.

In summary you can get better for your money. In hindsight a Travelodge at Covent Garden would have been cleaner, quieter, better located and better value for money. (I've stayed there many times before). Although this place isn't bad I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry that your expectations were not satisfied on this occasion.