“I love it!”

Ranked #17 of 1,069 Hotels in London
FRANCE
“I love it!”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Each time I go to London I stay there I love everything about it!
I like:
The location, right in the hart of Soho which is so special.
The reception, which the enormous Bottero cat that I stroke each time I am there.
The lounge, where I like to read the news paper with a tea
The restaurant, which I like for breakfast and evening drink while it is always busy with an interesting mix of people.
The rooms, because they are all different in a very English eclectic style and with a nice size marble bathroom.They constantly update the place
The staff, because there are all very nice and helpful, aLways please to see you back
The all place design is very special, a lot of attention is given to small detail.
This is a very unique place, very English

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PIXSQUARED
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I recently stayed at The Soho Hotel in a luxury suite. The rooms are a generous size, very clean and conveniently appointed. The bathrooms are large with dual sinks, towel warmers and upgraded amenities. The hotel is tucked away at the deadend of a side street (more like an alley), so there isn't much in the way of street noise that can be heard at night.

Upon check-in, they knew what newspaper I preferred based on a previous stay, which I appreciated. The staff, for the most part, is very service oriented and always greeted me with a smile and an eagerness to assist with anything I needed. The concierge, whose name I don't remember, was the most friendly and outgoing of any of the staff I encountered.

The room rate includes breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast is made to order and was good and plentiful. My only complaint was the diminished level of service in the restaurant. Once my order was served, no one came to check on me to see if I needed anything. At one point I ran out of orange juice and I watched my server walk past my table several times without stopping to ask if I needed more juice. I may have written it off to her not noticing my empty glass if it weren't for the fact that I saw her look directly at the empty glass on two occasions--one of which she was carrying a pitcher of orange juice! At this point, I'm highly annoyed and stopped eating to see how long it would take before my server would notice that I clearly needed her. She never did. Because I was seated next to the entrance, the hostess came over and asked if there was something I needed and she proceeded to refill my juice glass. This lack of follow up by the servers was experienced at more than a couple of visits to the restaurant, unfortunately.

The hotel is popular with celebrity guests and it is not uncommon to see paparazzi lined up along the sidewalk leading to the entrance. The bar is very vibrant at night. Overall, I would highly recommend The Soho for its location, great rooms and level of service (outside the restaurant).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Rajj976
Drumoak, Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Quite simply one of if not the best hotels in London, service fantastic, bar and restaurant fantastic, would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone palnning a trip to London..

Room Tip: We stayed in room 300 and found it very quiet and spacious..
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike P
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great location, great service, clean, great design, fantastic room ( suite ), great bar and restaurant, great atmosphere, great people staying or visiting the hotel.
What else would you need?
I am so pleased with this hotel, location and overall experience was just perfect. Highly recommended. I stayed in a large suite so my judgment is based on that and shall be considered.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Chiefen72
Paris, France
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My husband and I spent two nights in April in the Soho Hotel. The hotel is fantastic, beautifully designed, helpful staff, great room service. We had previously stayed at the Charlotte Street Hotel (same group) which we loved too, but the Soho was a touch better.
The only let down was the housekeeping - our room was made up towards the end of the afternoon, and for the room (suite) we had taken baring in mind what we were paying, we found that this was not really acceptable.
However we had a wonderful time and we would most definately go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple