“Truly wonderful”

Ranked #20 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London
“Truly wonderful”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I chose The Soho Hotel for a birthday night away for my husband. Having drank in other Firmdale Hotel bars before I expected the hotel to be nice and I loved the idea of the floor to ceiling windows.

From arrival to departure the hotel was wonderful. Staff are amazingly friendly and helpful - it was such a pleasure to deal with them all.

We were upgraded from a Deluxe to a Luxury room which is obviously always a huge plus. The room itself was a great size, the decor was fabulous and the bed was brilliantly comfortable.

The small touches really made this something special, for example: turn down included a bottle of water at each bedside and fresh towels; there was an umbrella for our use in the wardrobe (this was most welcome as the weather was torrential).

The breakfast was really lovely as well - one of the best I have had in an hotel.

My only criticism would be that the bar and restaurant were very busy which meant that service in there was a little slow.

I've subsequently rebooked the hotel for another night away in November. I hope this is the start of a long and happy relationship!

Room Tip: Our room, 405, was lovely. A great size with fab decor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Singapore
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed for 5 nights at the Soho Hotel in late March. I chose a Deluxe Junior Suite as I wanted a larger room. As this was not my first time at the Soho Hotel, I was quite familiar with the property. The location is hard to beat - right in the heart of the Soho area and within walking distance to a number of key Underground (Tube) stations - Leicester Square, Picadilly Circus and Tottenham Court Road. As you step out of the hotel, you are literally in the very centre of Soho, and yet within the confines of the hotel, you don't feel as though you are in a noisy crowded area.

The room was immaculately maintained despite being over 5 years old by now, and there are nice small touches such as room scents provided nightly by the housekeeping staff. A very nice touch indeed.

Breakfast is nothing short of excellent. This is one of the best breakfasts I've had amongst the many hotels I've stayed in. A large array of traditional and modern English delights. I was also most pleasantly surprised that they took note of the fact that one of the days was my birthday and they gave me a lovely birthday cake! A very nice touch indeed.

Staff are all generally very friendly and attentive.

The only real drawback is that the accomodation prices are relatively high and seem to keep increasing every year!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SingaporeGuy10
gent
Reviewed 25 April 2012

It is not cheap and as more and more people like this hotel promotional fares are rare.

However it is for me the perfect mix of all the essential things a hotel need to do right: professional friendly staff, good beds, rooms with enough space, central location (still prefer Soho over Shoreditch) warm design, personal touch, home feeling.

keep in mind: first time the entry seems a bit bizarre, almost none of the rooms has any view at all. Refuell, the bar -restaurants gets busy / noisy especially just after work hours.

I did try most of the other hotels of the same group, still prefer this one.

Room Tip: top floor if you can afford it :-)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank artica
Perth
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed at The Soho for 3 nights and had the best time. I booked the junior suite and it was so luxurious and spacious. Everything about the room and the hotel felt luxurious. staying just before Christmas the hotel also had a very elegant festive feel to it. Service was excellent including room service and the great bar downstairs. Location was perfect for what we wanted- shopping, resturants, bars so instead of grabbing cabs everywhere we were able to walk. Cocktails at the bar were fabulous and all of the staff were so helpful and could not do enough for us. we both loved the honesty bar, so afterhours you could grab a drink in the lounge area or a snack and have some quite time but outside of your room. All round fantastic place to stay and will deffinately treat ourselves next time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
wales
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife is an avid user of trip advisor and many years ago she found the Soho Hotel. Since then we have stayed on many occasions. Brought friends and family to stay with us and sampled almost every room in the house.. I can only explain our time at the Soho Hotel as fabulous. There isn't one occasion I can say anything bad about our experience. They are faultless time and time again. We travel from Wales to London quite often sometimes just the two of us, sometimes with our Daughter. It just feels like home. You always get a warm welcome. They know your preferences. They take care of all your requirements. Car park, Congestion Charges, everything. They get you what ever you want and take care of you and make you feel like your the only person in the hotel. They do a fantastic Breakfast, second to none. Their rooms are all individual, well appointed and tended, a truly Boutique Hotel. They have an amazing Pair of Cinema Rooms beneath the ground floor. A spa, gym, private dining rooms and a vibrant Bar that is always busy. We have frequented for many reasons, pleasure, business and even to recover from operations and tests. And I can think of no other place I'd rather have those experiences than with the team at the Soho Hotel. Well Done Toby Garden.. You run a fantastic Hotel and I look forward staying with you on many more occasions.. SKJ

• Stayed April 2012