“Terrible Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosedene Hotel

Rosedene Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rosedene Hotel
Ranked #636 of 828 Speciality Lodging in London
Chester
“Terrible Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2006

The worst hotel and the most impolite and rudest people I have ever seen in my life. I booked a single room for 2 nights in Sep. from travelstay website. when i arrived Rosendene hotel, reception charged my card first and then took me to a room which was terrible. Humid,dark and very old room. the ceiling was leaking fast . A bin was under the ceiling to collect water drip. I got scared and had a fear that the ceiling would fall shortly. I asked the reception that i need to speak to manager since I can not stay here. I was told that no one is around and you can complain and refund your money not earlier than tomorrow and in addition there is no other room available. I was very tired of long travel and I went to bed. after two hours someone called himself the manager came and gave me the key for the other room which has been vacant already. He never said sorry and was so rude.
I said to him if you refund my money I wont stay here because of a bad impression that everything gave me. the young man(Manager) start shouting at me that you know how much you have paid and how much is the room costs. He said:" Get out of my hotel" he was very aggressive and called me with very nasty words. He kicked me out of the hotel at around 8 pm and said come back tomorrow for refund.
I came back the day after and he said he charges me one night. I told him why I have to pay when you kicked me out of the hotel and took me to that terrible room. He said this is our policy.
I write this story to warn the people who want to book a room in this hotel that in these competitive business days that customer satisfaction comes first, There is a place with sort of people that i do not know how could I describe them. they just know money and that is it!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — veru rude
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank yazo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2006

I stayed there last week, Rosedene hotel definitely exceeded my expectations, especially after reading previous “doom and gloom” comments.
For £40 a night (for a double room) I got clean and quiet room.
What more can I expect from a budget hotel?
I’ll be staying again in Rosedene hotel.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2006

Room wasn't that bad, toilet did seem to have some flushing problem but otherwise it was good (room 3 is one the few with its own toilet and a sliding door if you do not wish to be disturbed by your annoying roommates). One problem though: the whole bathroom ceiling is full of rot and once in a while you will find some bug scurrying around. The hotel is close to victoria station which is very good. The heating works fine, and if you like snooping around room 3 is excellent(You can hear the neighbors below you).
See you later alligator...

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2006

Clean rooms, hot and cold showers, toilet, no incidents, window opens and closes easily, heating, good beds, no complains about the rudness of the staff although i saw no one representing it. good location close to victoria sation, safe neighbourhood you can walk by night. In conclusion room 3 is great (4 beds, 5 people). The other rooms were not so great ( no toilet included or shower with no door or other problems).

• Stayed March 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2005

terrible avoid this hostel at all cost, staff most rude when you can find them.
never again.