Went with my friend for a special deal for Afternoon Tea. Not very special - very sparse sandwich selection, the rest made up of ordinary cake. The trouble is that most places don't know what Afternoon Tea is all about other than the extortionate price that they can charge for it. It's about the bone china cups that are so thin you hardly know you are holding them. It's about the tiny delicious delicate little offerings served on a beautiful cake stand - and a lovely piano playing in the background to serenade you as you sip (The Lanesborough Regent Street - worth every penny). It's about all of these things together. Afternoon Tea is never going to be value for money; it is an experience. The trouble is that not many establishments know that and continue to serve up tea in a thick old cup and saucer and plate of ordinary slab cakes. Not going to fall for this one anymore - not even at Groupon rates!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courthouse hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel ideally located in bustling Central London. Our hotel is situated where stylish Mayfair, fashionable Soho and the West End meet and is within walking distance of London's finest shopping streets, tourist attractions and theatreland. A stone's throw away from the famous Liberty London department store, this contemporary design hotel is situated in an old Grade II Listed Magistrates Court, retaining much of its original historical features but with a modern twist. With 116 spacious bedrooms & suites, a trendy cocktail bar, award winning restaurants, gorgeous spa, fitness centre and divine roof terrace, Courthouse Hotel is renowned for intuitive service and comprehensive facilities. Our West End restaurants and bar offer an English buffet breakfast, lunch in our brasserie, a dining experience in Silk which draws on historical references and cocktails created by our Mixologist in the bar. In the summer, exclusively book and enjoy a private BBQ on our roof terrace with views of the London skyline. To complete the full experience, Sanook Spa has all the facilities to help you relax, revitalize and refresh after a busy shopping trip or high-powered meeting. Courthouse Hotel offers a variety of meeting and party rooms for both social & business events. Make your special occasion truly unforgettable at the unique Courthouse Hotel London, where style meets sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courthouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel Courthouse