“Hidden gem of London”

La Barrique Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Barrique Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #746 of 24,825 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are an uber cool place to come with friend or colleagues and relax with a cup of coffee in the morning, some lunch in the afternoon or a glass of wine with boards or pizza in the afternoon or evening. We have an extensive range of wines to choose from by the glass and a larger range available by the bottle for drinking either at home (£8 discount) or in La barrique. We open from 0800 every morning except Sunday (we lie in and open at 1100) and close around 11pm or whenever our last guests get bored of listening to our stories.In addition to being a great place to relax we host various events including live music and wine tasting events.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I live in the area and was so happy when I found out about this place. Great pizza and lasagna, up to Italian standards! The wine list is great and we always have the best wine. The server is extremely nice and friendly which is often a rare commodity in London!

JOHN D, Owner at La Barrique Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Matteo

We are passionate about our food, drinks & service. Italian food does have a special place in our hearts and we are happy that you enjoyed it as much as we all do. Make sure you say hello when you are next in as always love to meet our neighbours :)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

On my way to my hotel after a day at Excel I wandered into this wine cafe. I was not very hungary and staff were really helpful in explaining the small but excellent menu. I had chicken parmagianni with a glass of wine and it was very nice. The pizzas looked great!
Cozy and friendly service. Can't wait to go back for a pizza.

Thank you for visiting La Barrique and for your kind words. We like to keep our menu on the less complicated side of things but provide our version of popular dishes. Chicken Parmagianno is one of our newest additions so we are glad that you enjoyed it. We hope you see you on another occasion and please ask your server for a pizza recommendation next time!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I thought I was going back to Tapa Tapa as the doors are next door to each other. Similar bar like atmosphere. I had the pizza with Iberian ham and rocket. It was excellent.

Hello Professor

Our sister restaurant Tapa Tapa is indeed just next door and glad you had the time to try out both! I love the Rioja pizza too. Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to your next visit to the ExCel.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

My colleagues and I had lunch here yesterday with our Czech suppliers whilst visiting an exhibition. We initially had to sit at one of the low bar tables but our waitress soon moved us to a free table. The ambience is surprisingly pleasant, belying the exterior approach to the place. Positive points - our pizzas were good and the house red wine very good; the waitresses were charming. On the negative side service was a bit slow and the 2 girls were quite stretched. This did not concern us too much as we had a lot to discuss, but might have been an issue if it was not a business lunch. Overall I was impressed, and the prices are reasonable.

Hello

Thank you for your kind words and feedback about La Barrique.

I am sorry that the team were a little short on this day although very pleased to hear that the girls did their best to make you comfortable and ensured you had a pleasant visit.

Thanks again

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

It was a cold, rainy, and lonely night...I had arrived at Heathrow at 2 pm after a 10 hour flight. I then spent the next few hours commuting across London to the Docklands where the following day I would meet up with a thousand of my closest friends. I needed food, and I had a new umbrella, so I searched Trip Advisor for nearby restaurants. The reviews for LB were 4.5 stars, and I was very interested to meet the by name mentioned servers and staff. I will say it is a bit hard to locate when you are on foot, but maybe by car it is just as hard. So here is how to locate it. It is upstairs in a building full of various restaurants. Zero settle, Tapa Tapa, and Fox @ExCel. It actually is located atop the Fox and behind the Tapa Tapa, so go across the roundabout from Fox, go up the stairs, and walk under the covered walkway towards the back of the building. The door is right there. The ambiance is good, low lights lots of wood, wine bottles all over the wall, and high top table predominantly. I tried the Secret menu item that I had heard, the Lithuanian Pizza, but then I found out it had mushrooms, so I traded those out for goat cheese. I also tried the dough balls, which are stuffed with Gorgonzola. I thought they were a bit over cooked on the outside, but the cheese was really great. Not super “blue” and pretty flavorful. I then got my pizza, which ended up with mushrooms, but they swapped that out fairly quickly so that was ok. The pizza I thought was pretty good, wood fired and thin crust. Plenty of grease with the pepperoni. Being an American, I was looking to add a little to Parmesan cheese, which ended up shaved as opposed to grated, which was also great. Finally, the Tiramisu was as good as advertised. I cannot claim to be a great expert on Triamisu, but this was delicious! Staff and service was as great as described, though I did not meet Elena or Kissya. Ana was good Aurelija was very helpful and I had a great meal!

JOHN D, Owner at La Barrique Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi Dean

Thank you for joining us in the LB after your long flight into London, sorry you arrived to some atypical British weather.

What a great description of how to find us and lovely review of what we do in the LB. We do try our best to please and apart from our chef being addicted to Mushrooms it seems we looked after you on this visit.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on another visit to London.