“Light lunch for a friday”
Review of Fish Market

Fish Market
Ranked #1,612 of 24,261 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 42
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Bringing a taste of the seaside to the Square Mile, Fish Market offers relaxed classic English dishes at breakfast, lunch and dinner. A daily changing 'fish of the day' can be selected from the chalkboard, and the seafood bar offers a selection of temptingly fresh platters. A complementing wine list features carefully chosen English wines, and the al fresco area is a tranquil spot during warmer weather.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A modern casual smart restaurant tucked away in the city. The quality of the food was very good and i recommend that you try the Crab its fresh from cornwall. The giant prawns were really nicely flavoured with a hint of spice. Mmmh. Dont forget the chips, double cooked i think!!

SamuelPollard, General Manager at Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jinggling A

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review following your lunch with us on Friday.

I am so very glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are currently about to launch 5 new dishes on the menu so I hope you will be back soon to try these out.

Best

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have visited this place a number of times and it is often busy, which is a good sign in itself. I’m not that adventurous with fish (I wish I was as the menu is always attractive) but even the (boring) fish and chips is amazing.

The place itself has a great balance between being informal and something different. Staff are great.

Dear KB_the_truth

Thank you for leaving such a positive review it is always great to see how happy we make people.

as you frequent the restaurant often please do let me know when you next plan to visit and I will be sure to introduce myself.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the atkins diet and needed something other than meat and cheese - fish seemed the order of the day. Pitched up without a reservation and they were full (on a pretty bleak Tuesday night which is a good sign) but they said we could eat at the bar - fine by me. A few things were off the menu, but they told us that right away and got us drinks and put our coats/bags away.

Obviously went with fish options and some veg sides. It took a little longer to come than you'd like, but just as we thought that, the waiter came over unasked, apologised and said the drinks were on the house. Nice gesture. 2 minutes later we had our food so it really wasn't that much of a delay - and they were very busy.

When it came it was delicious. Couldn't fault it. Beautiful fresh fish, perfectly cooked. Will be back soon (Atkins or otherwise). Desserts looked fab - but had to give those a miss.

SamuelPollard, General Manager at Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear NeilPike

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent visit. I am so glad that you had such a good time with us and both the food an service impressed you so much.

Let me know when you're next planning on coming and we'll have a couple of glasses of bubbles lined up waiting for you on me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked here for a double birthday celebrations. We were not disappointed. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Ordered 3 courses from the set menu with the bottomless bubbles. Worth every penny. Food was amazing, highly recommend the kedgeree and the madras sea bream. Best fish I’ve ever tasted. Will definitely be back.

Dear sh29

Thank you for your feeback I am so glad you enjoyed your celebratiopns with us, our team will be so happy it was the "best fish you have ever eaten"

Let us know when you are coming next time and I will be sure to say hello.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very mediocre. Everything was deep fat fried with what tasted like old oil, the wine list is not deep and if you go for their deal of the day it is very low grade for the money. The ambiance is nothing special but would be fine if the food was good but, out of the three of us ordering, everyone agreed - not to recommend given the price.

HI _Karizip

Thank you for your feedback it is vital that we receive feedback such as yours so we can continue to make improvements for our guests.

We have recently appointed a new Chef and are currently changing the menu removing many of the old dishes and the Market List fish are the first part of that. I was surprised though to read that you thought it was low grade as these are also line caught fish and absolutely the freshest you can buy so of a really high quality?
I would love you to come back and try the menu once we have finished our changes and I promise you you will absolutely love it.

Please feel free to contact me on samuelp@danddlondon.com