“Tepid, lukward dishes; poor/unacceptable service”
Review of Lima

Lima
Ranked #1,146 of 24,255 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 56
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Modern Style Peruvian Dining. A journey to Peru, from the Coast via the Amazon and to the Andes, our menu offers a variety of flavoursome dishes using Peruvian spices all served by knowledgeable staff in a relax atmosphere. and don't forget to try one of our Pisco Sour before your meal in the bar.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had high, hopeful expectations of an enjoyable pre theatre dinner, but were sadly and disappointedly let down - big time.
First of all; if you advertise a pre-theatre menu, then why not provide diners with that pre-theatre menu - rather than leaving us to ask for it? Minor point, but the underlying message is clear.
The main issue concerned our main course dishes, which were - at best - tepid and lukewarm; at worst - bordering on cold. My girlfriend, on tasting her dish first, asked if the dish could be heated up. This was taken away to be reheatedm whilst I then found that my own main course (and our side dish (£3.50 for 8 or so almost cold sweet potatoe fries)) were similarly lukewarm. We agreed that if ever we were to serve food like this to our friends, we would be embarrassed and ashamed! As we needed to leave on time to catch a coach, I was left to eat my main course and our (shared) side dish quickly before it became totally cold on my own, and my girlfriend her (warmed up) dish on her own when that arrived. Awful.
To finish things off, after choosing not to leave a tip, we were followed out of the restaurant by a waiter, asking why we had not left a service charge (by the way, they don't like you to decide this yourself - adding 12.5% themselves)! I thought that only happened in the worst places in America. Our final experience was to be left waiting to collect our coats before we ended up having to open up the wardrobes where these were stored ourselves and hunt for them.
I only hope other diners take our experiences into account. We shan't be returning and would recommend others don't allow themselves to go through what we did.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A huge thank you to Shadie for his recommendations and service - the food we had was incredible and we had a lovely night. Service was impeccable. We will be back for sure.

1  Thank Jayden W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been there for the Valentine's dinner and the atmosphere was just perfect! The staff very Nice, polite and willing to help you to decide what to order.
The food is amazing! The best Peruvian food so far, it's so tasty and elaborated. I'm looking forward to going back and I strongly recommend to anyone to go. I loved it.

1  Thank moi669
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lima's food will leave you satisfied. The bursts of flavours, textures and colours come together wonderfully.

The service at lunch time was neglectful - there was just one waiter taking orders, serving diners, handling coats and welcoming people.

The tables are crammed close together and the decor feels like a 3* hotel breakfast area.

Go for the food - but do not expect wonderful service or ambience.

PS I would avoid the sweet potato fries - they will unfortunately disappoint.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm actually wary of Michelin starred restaurants since my very limited experience of them has not been great. I was pleasantly surprised by Lima. It's a smallish restaurant but bright and modern with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The staff were lovely and really helpful and we were treated like any other guest despite being on a Travel Zoo offer.

Our free Prosecco was quickly followed by an amuse bouche of soup and a roll. It was really good. We then had Cobia Fish Tradito and Lomo Steak Huancaina to start. Both were a little disappointing. The tradito was quite acidic and the steak just a little dull but I'm not a massive fan of raw meat and fish dishes (we had to try on our first Peruvian experience!).

For main we had the Lamb Rump and the Suckling Pig. Both were exquisite. The lamb was perfectly cooked with a lovely delicate sauce and potatoes while the pork was perfectly cooked and accompanied by a celeriac puree.

Being greedy, we ordered a dessert of Alfajores which are basically light biscuits with dolce leche cream in the middle and accompanied by ice cream.

The whole meal was a novel and delightful experience and we shall certainly return budget allowing. The restaurant is very relaxed and the food definitely worthy of its award. In total we paid £99 for two with a bottle of wine. If we had not gone on a special offer, it would have been more like £140+ for the same experience so it's not a cheap place to eat but its definitely worth it.

1  Thank Dyspeptic_Spirit