All reviewsfirmdale hotelskit kempmarylebone stationdrawing roomfirmdale grouptownhouse hotelregents parkhonesty barcricket memorabiliabaker st tubemarylebone high streetcomplimentary glass of champagnebend over backwardsgorgeous roomgreat boutiquedeluxe roomwest end
Reviewed 2 April 2018

this hotel is one of the secret gems of London. the rooms are tiny but you do not feel it. in fact they are all very well designed with top range bathroom products and nice furnitures including a very comfortable bed. bathroom is not big (in line with the size of the rooms) but perfectly designed. front desk is always there to help and the feeling is more to be the guest of a nice house more than the one of a hotel. in a city full of “perfect” business (but anonymous) hotel this one is a nice change for once.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Dede F
Sabine A, General Manager at Dorset Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for writing this lovely review about the Dorset Square Hotel. I am pleased that you found the service and the hotel facilities to your liking and the team and the Team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

While planning a trip to London my husband and I were each picking hotels and/or Airb&B's. Ok, so I had a major fail in one of the AirB&B's that we stayed in...Major! We were supposed to be there two nights and since that was NOT going to happen my husband had to scramble last minute to find a hotel for the next night. Talk about lucking out... this beautiful boutique hotel had one room open.

When we pulled up I immediately relaxed... and when I opened the door I was liquid gold... I was in a different world than the night before. From the moment we walked in the services was excellent! Our room wasn't quite ready, but they took my luggage and showed us into the prettiest waiting area. Since we were waiting for my daughter I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood and found a beautiful park peppered with noisy ducks and people enjoying the day. I also happened upon "Baker Street" just short two blocks from the hotel. Being a fan of Sherlock Holmes that was a really fun surprise!
Back to the hotel... since this is london the room was small, but so well appointed. The attention to detail did not go unnoticed. It was clean and remarkably comfortable.

My only regret is that I only got to spend one night there. However, since my daughter is in school in London it gives me good reason to go back and stay!

Stayed: November 2017
3  Thank annlaceyrn
Sabine A, General Manager at Dorset Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for writing this lovely review about the Dorset Square Hotel. I am pleased that you found the service and the hotel facilities to your liking and the team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

This hotel let itself down in the beginning by insisting on payment in full for the room when arriving, not exactly a four class type of situation. I transferred money on the debit card to complete the payment the next morning; however, the manager actually called my room to come downstairs. This was a 300+ pound per night place, and of course the room was pretty but small. Smelled of damp. The breakfast was excellent. Generally staff were okay, except for some patronizing when I complained about the situation referenced above. Again, hotels who pretend to be luxury hotels--or any other one--make certain guests know exactly what is expected before they arrive. To not do so is definitely getting off to a very bad start and won't help anything get better. "Turn down service" and pre-payment do not go hand in hand.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Sabine A, General Manager at Dorset Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time writing your review on Trip Adviser. I am sorry to hear that you felt upset that we wanted to take payment for the room upon your check in. Please feel free to contact me direct sabinealtschaeffl@firmdale.com if you want to discuss your comments further.

I am looking forward to hear from you

Sabine Altschaefffl
Dorset Square Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at Dorset Square hotel from 30 Dec to 6 Jan with my mom. It was her first time in London, and I am really grateful to hotel’s staff that they made our stay unforgettable. First of all, the service is absolutely top level: attentive, professional and nice people working there. Special thanks to the concierge, unfortunately don’t remember his name!
Rooms are quite small, but cozy and new. Breakfasts were great, buffet and a la carts menu are available.
Would highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay in a great location and receive best service you can have in London!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elina M

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Each time we return, it feels just like coming home to one's own townhouse in the heart of London, with the urbane treats of Marylebone just a stroll away...
Sebastian, our Concierge, with his quiet, professional efficiency, made this latest stay, especially memorable - Thank you, Sebastian.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sabine A, General Manager at Dorset Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for writing this lovely review about the Dorset Square Hotel and Sebastian. I am pleased that you found the service and the hotel facilities to your liking and the team and I look forward to welcome you back home soon.