2,391 results
All reviews paddington station mr sakar hyde park duplex room heathrow express business trip rooms are small breakfast was excellent english breakfast oxford street full english yogurt pounds
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I made the mistake of giving this hotel the benefit of the doubt by booking a second stay. I never will again. My first stay, the room was pleasant (An executive double) although the air-conditioning unit was leaking as if the tap had been left on! Repairs were carried out daily to no avail and when I gave them the opportunity to fix it whilst I was out, they lied saying it had been fixed and then blamed me for being in the room when the engineer came? I actually called through to reception to tell them when I would be leaving for that day. The duty manager, Mr Sadak was pleasant and professional and changed our room but this left a sour taste. Upon our second booking, again an executive double we were greeted by Mr Sadak upon arrival to be told that the room we booked was not as big and they had no other rooms available? We gave them the benefit of the doubt by entering our room to find it was a double bed in a box room! Just enough space to walk around the bed and the same with the shower (No bath tub). How is this in anyway an executive double? It was a single room with a double bed!! We left that very night, no more than an hour after checking in! A different duty manager asked if there was anything she could do but I gracefully did not give her the opportunity, having known what I did from what Mr Sadak told me (Unfortunately I gave them story to my immediate departure). Never will I ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not visit this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DomMercedes-Benz
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Everyone there in the hotel was very friendly. A warm welcome by Pavel, when arriving, was the first contact :-))) - great. The desk staff help me at once, because I need an adapter for the socket-outlet to charge my smartphone - no problem. The room was nice and cosy - the bathroom is just a little bit to small, but everything was clean there - and this is essential!!!! The breakfast is fine (the staff there absolut friendly) and my cousin (glunten-allergic) can eat her own bread in the breakfastroom.

Room Tip: I think, that higher floors to the courtside are maybe quieter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nelly5599
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Nelly5599,
First and foremost, thank you for your patronage over the years and for taking the time to share this complimenting review with us at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you have consistently experienced excellent service from our proud team members and these wonderful comments will only serve as a wonderful motivator for us all.

We greatly appreciate your recommendation to our future guests and be absolutely assured that there is always a warm welcome waiting for you here at The Park Grand London Hyde Park .

Kind regards,
Sakar Bhattarai

Reviewed 30 September 2017

The only good thing about this hotel was the frontage. Its looks stylish and has character but as soon as you enter the lift its ALL down hill.

We always book hotels that are 4 stars or above, there is no way this hotel is 4 stars, its 2 stars at best. The room we had was for a single person - tiny. The bathroom was so small you could just about use the toilet, the control which operates the shower/bath was faulty and the wash basin was shoved in a corner which every time you used saturated the floor. The view from the window was the top of buildings with electric wires lying in pools of water left by the rain.

IT WAS AWFUL.

We have been on a world trip and have booked ALL our accommodation through booking.com. I am beginning to wonder whether the hotels give you the CRAPIEST rooms knowing that you have booked at a cheaper price. We have had not one decent hotel and every hotel booked was 4 stars or higher? I will not be using them again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMANDMGM
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel last minute in hopes of easy travel the next morning to Heathrow Airport. We were greeted by friendly front desk staff, he informed me that I was being upgraded to a top floor suite at no additional cost. The room was clean and large, containing a couch , desk and king size bed. The room had a bowl of fresh fruit, cookies and bottled water. The suite contained a portable device to use for free that had data. We took it out with us and used it for google maps and locating nearby pubs/ bars. Morning commute to Heathrow was very easy. Paddington station is a 5 min walk from hotel where we grabbed the Heathrow express and was at the airport within 30 mins. Excellent and easy commute to all tourist areas from this train station. Will definitely book again for the easy commute to airport and overall comfort of this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy C

Dear Tammy C ,
Thank you for taking your precious time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that we successfully met and exceeded your expectations in terms of staff demeanour, hotel services and facilities. Our housekeeping are heroes of our hotel who takes a great pride in maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness throughout the hotel, I will make certain your feedback is shared with our lovely staff members. We also price ourselves with friendly and welcoming staff at the front desk which for your convenience is available 24 hours a day.
Thank you for mentioning about our excellent location in a quiet and picturesque yet our Cosy Paddington Village area, still very close to one of the busiest railway and underground stations in London.
We look forward to welcoming you to our boutique hotel when your travels brings you to London in the near future.
Warm regards,
Sakar Bhattarai

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Park Grand twice now for business and pleasure and an amazing hotel in perfect location. Right on the door step of Hyde Park. Staff are excellent especially Sakar who is an asset to the hotel and couldn't do enough for me. Breakfast and food superb.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Nw691000
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Nw691000,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback with our future guests on TripAdvisor community .
We also want to express our gratitude for choosing to stay with us at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel and do know that we intend to do everything possible to keep for the many years ahead.
We are delighted to have you and your family here at our hotel and we will always happy to welcome you back on future . Mr Sakar is definitely a fantastic asset to the hotel and certainly one of the main reasons so many of our guests return. The service he provides and the style in which he provides it are second to none.
We greatly appreciate you recommendation and be absolutely assured that there is always a warm welcome waiting for you here at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel.

With my best regards ,