Firstly, Canary Wharf is a bit off the beaten path in London. It is mostly condos, corporate offices and shopping malls. All the popular tourist sites are a tube journey away. The Jubilee line is a short walk to Canary Wharf stop from the hotel. The upside is that there are 2 Starbucks and all the shopping that you would need along the walk.
Here is the good of the Marriott West India Quay hotel.....
1. The rooms are big for Europe, more like a US hotel room in size, but nicer in decor than a US Marriott.
2. They have a refrigerator with in room bar items that are on a touch sensitive pad, but there
is room for other items.
3. They provide complimentary coffee and tea service in the room to make your own
4. Room lighting control on one switch which simplifies lighting contols. There is individual control of lights by the bed.
5. Nice pillows and linens on the bed
6. Clean rooms
7. Toiletries are Aromatherapy brand. They provide shampoo, conditioner and body lotion
8. Above average free fitness facility with 4 treadmills, free weights,
9 men's and ladies locker room with sauna
10. Complimentary coffee tea and biscuits in the lobby in the morning. I did not eat at the restaurant so can not comment on breakfast
The not so good.....
1. Internet is 15 pounds per 24 hours
2. The picture on the website makes it appear that you will be staying in a glass high rise, but there is a 4 floor section off the big glass structure. These room do not get a lot of natural light if you are stuck on an inside room. You need to ask to stay in the executive apartment wing which is the nice glass structure or ask for an outside facing room in the 4 floor brick wing.
3. You need your room key to use the elevator which is great security but a pain if you forget your key
4. The location is far from central London. It will cost you 8 pounds during peak time to take the tube to central London. You will need to a lot a minimum of 45 minutes to walk and tube it to central London.
5. Canary Wharf on the weekends is not as active so some restaurants are not open with all the corporate offices in the area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the Canary Wharf district, the London Marriott Hotel West India Quay offers luxurious accommodations and access to the city's most popular attractions. Indulge in a deluxe steakhouse experience at Manhattan Grill or maintain your workout routine with our state-of-the-art fitness center & sauna. We boast a prime location just 11 minutes from London City Airport and 10 minutes from Europe's largest indoor shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Marriott and HotelQuickly so you can book your London Marriott Hotel West India Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Marriott West India Quay Hotel London
- Marriott London