The Belgravia Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 336
US$ 254
US$ 232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 218
US$ 319
US$ 244
Taj Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2012

All the reasons for not staying here are mentioned in everybody elses reviews. We knew what we were in for before booking so I have no excuses for my stupidity. The tiny room with an even tinier bathroom/toilet which I thought was a cupboard at first. The smell. Our door looked as though the lock had been smashed and repaired several times so security of valuables is a concern. The absolute bare minimum breakfast provided, with room for about a quarter of the guests at any one time. The staff were good and reasonably friendly though. It's not their fault this is a dump after all. Best thing about the Hotel is the cake shop 2 doors away on the corner.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lakemba
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I am not one to write reviews BUT the quality of this hotel was absolutely diabolical, I cant stress enough how much this hotel sucked! If you would even call it a hotel, they should pay people to stay there, and it's not overly cheap to stay there either! On arrival you had to ask the guy to help you with your bags, but before that we were brought down to what can ony be described as a basement!.. It was like stepping into a horror movie, when I payed my monies owed I was told that I would have to call back down later as they had no change.We were told we had a shared bathroom, we werent too bothered about that because we knew that on booking the ''hotel'' when we finally got to the top of the stairs,( there was no lift) we realised what shack was our bathroom, it was so run down,it had cheap lino on the floors and the shower looked like you would catch Legionnaires disease if you were to use it because I doubt it was used in years and the shower head was not attached to the wall in any way so to use you would need to hold the shower head which is not possible if you want to wash your hair also!Our room was like something from a brothel, I was actualy frightned in there, there was hardly any breathing space and it had a sink cellotaped together where my friends bed was, So I presume this room was once a single room with a toilet that was later gutted so that it could be used as a double, how this passed as ok I dont know, I am baffled, I thought it damn right cheeky that someone would use this as a single room let alone a double! That explains the shared bathroom I guess!As every room must of been gutted in this way. The room looked dusty and the lampshade ( if you would call it that )looked like a safety hazard.There were smoke alarms in the room but they were gutted too, they even had wires coming out of them! Worrying!!..Myself and my friend had to go buy some Vodka to take back because we actualy feared this hell hole. There was one pillow to each bed, so we asked ( after searching for ages for some staff) the same guy who had no change earlier could we get a spare pillow each and he told us there was no more pillows available because it was a full house tonight. Even though when we came into the hotel he told us we will be ok in shared bathroom as we would be the only ones using it!
After a very restless night - where our room was we could hear EVERYTHING outside on the street, we may as wel been of sleeping on the road because thats how it sounded..we were woken by two people next door, having a much better time than we were! That and the sound of workers outside drilling ( probably gutting more rooms to turn them into doubles)
I went to dress my bed so I could leave this mess only to find my bed falling apart, the mattress looked like it had been ripped to pieces and slashed with a stanley knife I took pictures and will be posting them on every review site that I find!! When I tried to use the bathroom next day I nearly broke my neck because it had pools of water all over the floor, someone had used the shower and because there was no shower mat water was everywhere! It was another safety hazard!
So, I will leave it to whoever is reading this to leave it to their own mind if they want to stay in this hotel =), but for me I wouldn't stay there again if I was being payed too!!
STARS?? ZILTCH! - ohh and I didnt bother with the breakfast, somehow I dont think I would stomach it!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2012

As the title says, I don't think you can expect a great deal. I needed a place to stay in central London, as close to Victoria as possible and for that this place deserves one big tick, as you could not get much closer. Booked through easy2book and got a confirmation directly from the hotel soon after. The rate was paid in advance. On arrival given a key to the front door and another to the room which was two floors up overlooking the road. The carpet in the room was grubby, you won't be sleeping on it so bring slippers. The bedding however was very clean and each bed had a brand new clean white towel. The sink in the corner at the foot of one of the beds was a bit awkward to access but had instant hot water. The one radiator in the room worked maybe too well and the window was left open to keep the temperature more moderate. TV had the basic channels and one was fuzzy. There is internet provided in the breakfast room in the basement, I did not use the facility. There was a shared bathroom off the small landing and the bathroom a floor lower looked better. Yes there may be a bit of mould here or there, some cracks, some dated carpet or indeed for the most part seriously over painted walls and woodwork, but if you want somewhere dry and very warm with a hot running tap, in a fantastic location, I doubt you'd find anything for the price much better. I would not advise this property to anyone inform, there are steps up from the street, only a few but inside there are many more. If you are open minded and realistic about what £30 gets you in London, you won't be to distressed. Have a look at Kings Cross, you could do far worse.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Call this a hotel !! my garden shed would be a better place to stay, my wife and I travelled from Cornwall to London to see the new year in and if that is the kind of hotel you get for £75 each for one night in London I can see why we get so many visitors to Cornwall.
From the moment we walked in when they eventually opened the door to us we should have realised it wasn't going to get any better.
The reception/kitchen was down some grubby narrow stairs and all the guy was interested in was getting the outstanding money paid which had to be paid in cash, good job there was an ATM just round the corner.
When we got to our room (9) it was very small and absolutely disgusting, the carpet was filthy, the room stank of sweat, the toilet seat wasn't fixed to the toilet, the headboard to the bed was on the floor behind the bed and when I tried to open a draw the whole unit fell apart. I dont supose the walls have seen a paint brush in years.
There were no tea/coffee facilities and when they eventually supplied some we had 2 tea bags with 2 stained transport cafe mugs and no milk.
We were told that breakfast was between 8am - 9.30am which was handy because we had to move our car from the secure parking we had arranged at 8.30am, we arrived down for breakfast at 8am along with 3 other guests who had to catch a coach at 8.45am. we couldn't find anyone in the hotel to serve breakfast until the waitress turned up at 8.35am looking like she had just fell out of bed. Needless to say my wife and I and the 3 other guests had no time for breakfast.
I would strongly advise never to stay at this dump no matter how desperate you are.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, disgusting hovel !!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I have just got back from a one night stay in this hotel. Everything on previous reviews is true, from the down stairs reception/kitchen to the small room and even smaller bathroom. The sheets were clean as was the bathroom. the breakfast was ok and the maid did what you would expect her to do. I was a little shocked to have to pay my balance in cash but the Natwest ATM was just over the road. Looking back this was ideal as you are not giving your bank card to anyone. The location was fantastic and so overall you get what you pay for. I think next time we will pay a little extra and get a bigger room.

Room Tip: I dont think there would be much choice as there are not many rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple