“A great stay in a great location”

Baglioni Hotel London
Ranked #44 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This was my second time staying at the Bagiloni which was very nice. Having a suite room made a huge difference if you're spending much time there or have more than average luggage. The staff was very accommodating, from check-in to concierge throughout my entire time. The rooms are well appointed and nicely kept up but I don't have any idea how old they are. The food is very good tasting, with some specific dishes better than others (that's based both mine and other guests) and their service was great most of the time. Lunch appeared to take longer than breakfast or dinner but I've had lunch only one time.

I felt the location was great being directly across from the Kensington Palace and walking distance to assorted shops & restaurants (even a Whole Foods). However, far enough away from the really busy parts of town which is what I like.

Room pricing is relatively fair to much less, as compared to many other hotels in its class. This may be because of the location and somewhat scaled-down public area. We used AE Platinum services which included an upgrade, breakfast each morning and an 85lb credit towards whatever services.

Some of the negatives are taxis can be a bit difficult to flag down at times, the bathroom lighting is very bright (that's good) but cannot be dimmed which makes it the room temp hot. Also, they add in a daily tip for the staff which I don't recall the amount but it felt a little too high. They gladly changed it to whatever amount I decided to give.

Based on my two stays, I would always consider this hotel in my travels to London and probably wherever they are located.

Room Tip: Check with American Express Platinum if you have it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Guest thank you for posting about your positive experience with us. It is always a pleasure in welcoming our Guest back in the London residence. Wishing you and your loved ones a great summer and untill the next time,
Luca Virgilio

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Baglioni Hotel London

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Sitting pretty on Hyde Park, the Baglioni was delightful. Maybe it was the spring flowers, the shining sun, and lots of happy guests. The service was warm and friendly. Ambiance was relaxed and elegant. Yes, I think I'd go back but I want to try some other Inns before I put the Baglioni on my go-to short list.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Limahuli
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Indeed summer is in the air and facing this lovely park makes it all the more special! Thank you for posting your positive review and we look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Favourite place for a cocktail when I'm in the area. The service is always on point and my favourite olives are always available. Pleasant environment and comfy surroundings make it a relaxing venue to catch up with friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CrystalPower
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for your good comments on our Restaurant and Lounge. We are delighted to learn we have become your regular place to be when in the neighborhood, and very much look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel was very beautiful but there was scaffolding all over the front and the lobby area was small. Our room was spacious, walk in closet, extremely clean! The bathroom had a bidet and the longest tub I've ever had in a hotel. After all the walking we did sight seeing the tub was a great asset. Our room included breakfast buffet or room service. The first 2 days we ate downstairs, the selection met our needs but the service seemed slow and can't put my finger on it but awkward. We felt the same when we would stop in the bar for a drink after being out all day. They were always polite but no conversations and slow service. May have been a language barrier? Room service had perfect presentation.

We did use the spa and found the girls in there to be very friendly and easy to talk to. The young men who opened the front doors and gave us umbrellas were also always friendly. The location was great for shopping, Kensington Palace, and the tube station.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hitmom

Dear Guest thank you for sharing your experience with us and am happy to learn of your positive experience. We truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back some time in the near future.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Our family stayed at the Baglioni for 6 nights in early March. Our rooms were lovely......very comfortable, modern and clean. We were upgraded when we checked in. Everyone was very nice and helpful at the hotel. The exercise room was small but very adequate...I exercised every morning. I would definitely stay at the hotel again. We loved the location and the friendly staff. it is a wonderful hotel with an intimate feeling!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Susieno5
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest thanks ever so much for your kind review. It is extreemely pleasing to read you and your Family enjoyed your time with us and your remarks towards the service and our staff are very motivating for us all. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the near future,