All reviews champagne afternoon tea whirlpool bath coronation chicken cakes and scones gloucester road station beautiful hotel the natural history museum upgraded to a suite quiet street luxury hotel standard room hyde park kensington harrods tube furnishings concierge
Reviewed 27 November 2010

On a surprise weekend trip to London my boyfriend and I stayed at the Bentley for 4 nights. The staff were excellent, very accomodating, the room was of an excellent size (although could do with a few touch ups here and there) and the location while not in "downtown" is superb! the Tube stop is very near by at a 7 minute walk and there are some great bars and restaurants near by too. South Kensington is a gorgeous suburb of London and if you do stay here I recommend a wonderful Spanish Tapas restaurant nearby called Tendido Cero!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

We were using Hilton points for our 4 night stay and based on reviews, tried to get into either Canary Warf or Tower Hilton. Neither had availability for using points. We looked further down the list and found that The Bentley was available. It's a little lower on the review list, but I don't know why.
We checked in rather late in the evening and Paula showed us to our room (upgraded suite) and gave us instructions for bath, clock, lights, temperature, ect. Zoltan brought our bags up a moment later. When we found that our power converter was missing, Zoltan brought one up right away.
The room is big, with a nice king size bed. We had a corner suite so the view unfortunately was of a brick building next door, but it looked like most of the rooms would have a nicer view.
The bathroom is beautiful, with a sit down vanity, large jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Included the first night on the bath, were some bath salts.
We had free high speed internet, but only because we were Hilton gold members. Otherwise it looked like there was a charge.
The staff was always attentive, opening doors, taking care of requests, lending out an umbrella when needed. Paula, in particular, was over the top great!
One little disappointment was that we had informed the hotel when booking that it was our Anniversary and nothing special was done. No big deal.
It's a beautiful building in a great neighborhood. It is 2 blocks (1 up and 1 over) to the Glocester Road tube station, which connects to practically anywhere we wanted to go within a few stops, The other 2 Hiltons would have been a bit of a ride to get to the sites. There are nice restaurants 1 block away (Black and Blu has excellent steaks, and a coffee shop right across the street from that has great breakfasts.
We never tried the restaurant, but did have a drink the first night in the "lobby". Would have loved to try the spa facilities, but were too busy with other fun things.
One thing to be aware of is that the taxi service they use if you need one for the airport, is a private one. The arrangements seemed slightly "schmarmy", and the driver talked in a foreign language on his cell phone the entire way, but we didn't have too bad an experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Stayed at the Bentley while in London for 2 weeks for work. I tried the Hilton Green Park, Hilton Metropole, and finally the Bentley. As we all know, Location, Location, Location.

Hotel room was fantastic. Much larger than you normally get in Europe. Bathroom with standing shower and tub were major pluses. As a US citizen I didn't feel like I was being squeezed into a Coke Bottle for the room.

The service has been good so far. I think they could upgrade the check in process because it took a little while to get us checked in but all in all they were very courteous.

Tons of great restaurants all in 2 blocks or less. Really enjoyed the Italian place on the corner. I even tried the casino across the street, it was small but a exactly what I was looking for when I had some spare time.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Very nice hotel, which is near Gloucester Road tube station. Room was very nice and typical for a "english" room. Can not review breakfast because it was not included in our room rate. But outside the hotel were plenty of good possibilities to have a good breakfast.
Beds were very comfortable and altough we were on the "street"-side we were not interupted in our sleep by the street noise.
Spa treatment was very good and in a private atmosphere.
If you can book the hotel for a good price it's worth it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Stayed for 5 nights. This place is stunning - very regal. Being a gold member they bumped me up to what can only be described as an apartment. Location is fantastic, tube near by, pubs, nice restaurants, got it all! Staff were also brilliant.

Only thing is missing is free wireless internet. I found myself tethered to the desk.. kind of annoying for a business traveler. Other than that.. perfect!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business