All reviews champagne afternoon tea whirlpool bath coronation chicken cakes and scones gloucester road station beautiful hotel the natural history museum star hotel upgraded to a suite quiet street standard room hyde park kensington harrods tube furnishings concierge
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at this property for three nights using Hilton Honors points. The staff was pleasant, professional and very helpful. They made me feel welcome and taken care of, giving me suggestions on where to dine in the area and how to best get around.

The hotel is in a great residential neighborhood but yet close to a tube stop. The property in general and my room were spotless. I loved the walk-in shower which had great water pressure. My room also had a spa tub but I did not have time to give it a try. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank AniTravel
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel.

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us and it truly is very rewarding for the team to see that you enjoyed your stay especially the location.

We are all fully committed to ensure that our service and product are second to none. I do hope that we can expect to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

...had a great stay, looked after by regular stalwarts Sonia and Sofia, as well as most of the other staff.
However, "lost" a Rolex watch, which has yet to be found...and now "banned" from Hiltons by gaynor creran, since she did not believe I had stayed here!!!...also had all my loyalty points, collected over the last decade or so "lifted".
So, obvious conclusions should be drawn.

Room Tip: use your own personal safe...do not bring valuables with you
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank hollambyin
Reviewed 15 May 2012

From the first moment we entered the Hotel we knew we had made a good choice, the rooms were very comfortable, beautifully furnished, the service we received from the Desk Clerks to everyone we encountered, be it waiters, bar tenders porters, was courtieous, and top notch, we were a party of 6 from California on a very special visit to my Mothers homeland, she is 87,,we found it quiet in our rooms, no road noise as I have encountered before, WE would reccomend this to any friends who are visiting the U.K., yes it is expensive, but not out of line with anything you buy there now, its an expensive city, but still my favorite!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ginarsvp
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London A Hilton Hotel.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed for 2 nights (Sat - Mon) at the Bentley in May using Hilton Honors points.

The hotel itself is in a great location, right on the Piccadilly line and 5 minutes walk from Gloucester Road tube station, in an absolutely lovely neighbourhood.

The style of the hotel is very grand, french Versailles, and very pretty. The staff who welcomed us were absolutely delightful and are a real asset to the hotel. We had been upgraded to a King room, and the young lady that greeted us acompanied us to our room and made sure that we got settled in ok, which was lovely.

The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. It had a big bathroom with walk in shower and jaccuzi bath, comfortable bed, plenty of space, white fluffy bathrobes and everything you would expect from this quality of hotel. When we returned later that evening the bed had been turned down for us and we had been left fruit and chocolates, which was a lovely surprise.

The hotel was very peaceful and relaxing. There seemed to be very few people staying there when we were in residence, which was actually very pleasant.

We used the gym, which was too hot (it needs an aircon unit down there) and a bit basic (I would expect better and more modern cardio equipment for this level of hotel), and we used the sauna which was very pleasant. The gym is available 24 hours a day, but if you want to use it after 7pm you need to let the front desk know so that they can come down and switch everything on for you. The reason for this is that the gym is located in the hotel spa, which closes at 7pm. It would argue that the gym is probably the only weak point of this lovely hotel. A bit of investment in some new equipment and air con would make a big difference, but it is a minor gripe as access to good quality gym facilities is not a priority for everyone.

We had continental breakfast included in our booking, so we had breakfast in the hotel both mornings. The dining room was bright and pleasant and there was a good selection of dishes available. The staff were attentive without being fussy. The breakfast timing is generous too, 7am - 11am, so plenty of time for a lie in and a leisurely breakfast before heading out for a day's shopping or sight seeing.

All in all we really enjoyed our stay in The Bentley, and felt very pampered and well looked after. It was a real treat, and I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us. It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented our team. These positive comments about our team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

I have shared your feedback with regards to our Fitness Centre with our Management Team who join me in thanking you for bringing these points to our attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we will certainly review these in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I decided to stay for one night and had a suite, kept awake a lot of the night by a fan or something and I had the a/c off and it was right near bed! Facilities for tea making in suite offered were cheap brands, eg coffee is Nescafe and considering a suite I expected better products, also not even a full breakfast included only continental, yet we are in UK and no idea how to make proper tea, one teabag in pot not even boiling water and and something I forget that Hilton hotels like to charge for everything so breakfast basic! Tv was rubbish and they want to charge £25+ to be able have the option to watch a film! I opted for dinner to be included and was not aware when I did this that would be from a set menu and not a lot of choice and there were 2 dishes of a total of 6 for starter and main which were both mushroom based so pretty boring. I had salmon with green beans, both of which were overcooked and not a lot of love in it, not once was I asked if I enjoyed my stay or if everything ok, place had no soul and Hilton hotels just want to charge for everything which considering the cost and a 5 star, yet act like a 3 star when greedy with extra costs I think and do not include full breakfast as standard. £8/9 for an omelette is a rip off in any book. They say on their website "virtually all the expectations of a 5 star hotel", expectations being all as they do not meet up to a 5 star standard upon reflection, not enough attention to detail. It may have been good before selling out to a chain and Hilton hotels have had their day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Roberta22

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London A Hilton Hotel.

I was sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction on this particular occasion. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and standards as we pride ourselves in ensuring that all guests’ needs are met. Should you wish to further discuss these issues then please do not hesitate to contact me on info@thebentley-hotel.com.

I have shared your feedback with all the relevant Heads of Department who join me in thanking you for bringing these points to our attention. We will certainly review these in the future.