“Lovely hotel, amazing glamorous bathroom, atmospheric bar”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #261 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, amazing glamorous bathroom, atmospheric bar”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay for his birthday. The staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout the hotel. The main areas were lovely. The bedroom was an average size and traditonally decorated. The bed was quite small but comfortable.
The bathroom was stunning, dark marble, jacuzzi bath and free standing shower with lots of counter space around the sink, one of the best hotel bathrooms I have ever seen!
We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that. However, the bar area was lovely, very glamorous, old style French feel to it with comfortable sofas and chairs and low lighting. The staff arranged a cake and fruit for my husband's birthday which was a lovely surprise.
It is in a very convenient area not far from Gloucester Road tube station and on a quiet street. We asked for a quiet high room and it was very peaceful.
We would go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel.

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us and it truly is very rewarding for the team to see that you enjoyed such a special occassion with us.

We are all fully committed to ensure that our service and product are second to none. I do hope that we can expect to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at The Bentley with a couple of girl firiends on a spa/shopping break. I was so impressed when I walked in, the lobby was beautiful, and the staff welcoming. The other thing that surprised me was that it was so peaceful, just what I was looking for for spa weekend. We had a few spa treatments, the best being a proper authentic Hamam, very unusual in central London with its Stunning marble room. The hotel was walking distance from Hyde park, which we didn't get a chance to see, so will definitely need to come back for, and there were also numerous restaurants near by, which was great for the fist night when we got in. The rooms very spacious, and ornate, not everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it. The service was outstanding, and I am definitely coming back.

Stayed April 2012
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London A Hilton Hotel.

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented our team and especially the Spa Therapists. These positive comments about our team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

Dorset, Vermont USA
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is certainly a "find" for people looking for a change from staying at a large London Hotel. I found all the staff polite, and proactive. While not upgraded as a Hilton Gold, that was not a factor as I was given a nice south-facing room. Being greeted each afternoon during my 4 night stay and being escorted to the room upon check in was a nice plus. My room was not "tatty" as others have reported. Location is quite a factor here; as having a grocery store (Waitrose) and an Underground stop within three blocks. The staff here really try to "go the extra mile" to make sure their guests are happy, and it shows in all aspects of operation.

Room Tip: as others have said, south-facing room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us and it truly is very rewarding for the team to see that you enjoyed your stay especially the location.

New York
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is a 5 star facility without the feel of a large hotel. Our suite was large and spacious. The living area overlooked a spacious park. The breakfast was superb and the attentive staff made one feel welcome. The location is a short tube ride to any part of London or a 10 minute walk to Hyde Park or Royal Albert Hall. We walked to a nearby pub- The Angelsea Arms and enjoyed a delicious sunny pub lunch. If we had spent more time, I'm sure I would have visited the cafes on Gloucester Road, but we were constantly visiting old friends in different parts of London.

Room Tip: Get a South facing room with natural light- always a premium in cloudy London
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank East_Village_Apts
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 13 April 2012

London
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great hotel for a relaxing weekend!!!
The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. My partner and myself felt very well looked after.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family