Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 329
US$ 254
US$ 232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 217
US$ 247
US$ 200
  • Pool
1,005 results
All reviewscanary wharfdlr stationcement factorylime househi expressthames pathtower gatewaybusy roadbeansdocklands light railwayshort walkfamily roomthe sofa bedbreakfast includedwould stay here againbasic hotelyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for business for the past 5 months, so must have spent near on 70 nights here since January. Accepted, it's a relatively basic hotel but from my experience it offers just what's needed from a budget hotel. You're not paying for the views (!!) but with the LDR only 5 minutes walk, access to Central London or Canary Wharf is excellent. It's clean and comfortable, with all the rooms being up to scratch every time. The hotel only does breakfast (although there is a bar and I think they've started doing snacks at night - but that might just be for the Olympics).

Breakfast is good, though after 70 of them, it's getting a bit boring - but that's not the hotel's fault! Choice of eggs, sausages, toast, plain and chocolate croissants, cheese, yoghurts, cereals...need I go on. Plenty for anyone's taste, particularly if you're only staying there for a short time. I also have to say that the customer service is really excellent with nothing ever being too much trouble. The staff are friendly and courteous and it's been a pleasure staying there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I would recommend this hotel, spotless, east to get to and from and perfectly placed for sightseeing. The staff are welcoming, rooms clean and comfortable, breakfast offers a good variety of hot/cold buffet plus cereals and toast, DLR link 10 minutes away with frequent tubes to every destination in London. Don't let the cement factory next door or busy road put you off, it's quiet inside!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear QUEENOFEUROPE

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to write a Trip Advisor review for Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel so much. I will certainly share your comments with the team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

For a competively priced Hotel just outside the City centre, you can't look much further than the Holiday Inn Express - Limehouse.
Booked two family rooms for the Wembley freindly and the Jubilee weekend and was more than impressed with our value for money. We recieved a freindly welcome when we booked in and allowed to drop off our bags well before officially being allowed into our room.
the rooms themselves were very clean and tidy and had everything we required.
i had already read a few of the reviews with reference to issues with the breakfasts, but i found them more than filling with a sufficient variety to suit everyones taste.
Will definatley reccomend to others and consider using again when visiting the Capital.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Vic B

Reviewed 30 May 2012

The breakfast wasn't really a continental one.
I had a child of 12 with me (from Holland), so the breakfast was a problem for him.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear Irma T

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed here again and it has been about six months since my previous stay. The corridors and rooms smelt very highly of a shake-n-vac type smell. Not natural and quite overpowering. The room I was in was a bit old and tatty as was the bathroom - all a bit fosty smelling and not great.

Would recommend staying somewhere else from now on...I will be.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ProducerRich
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear ProducerRich

Thank you so much for this review following your recent stay. With reference to you comments about the smell of 'Shake'n'vac' - you are right, our housekeeping department do use this product - I have noted that you found it to be overpowering and I will speak with my housekeeper to use it less. With regards to your comments on your bedroom I want to advise that we are currently in the process of refurbishing our public areas and we are commited to capital investment program throughout the estate so contrary to going down hill we are very much going up hill and with this inview I hope that you consider coming back to London Limehouse in the near future.

Best Regards,