New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a night only. The hotel was nice, good customer service and a decent room. However it might be useful to inform the customers that the fridge only works if the key is inserted in the hole (not very feasible if you have to often leave the room yet keep your drinks cool).

The restaurant was good but pretty basic and rather expensive.

The bedroom was generally clean but again very basic and rather noisy. Apart from location and service, we failed to see why this hotel would be appointed a 4 star rate.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and also for taking time to send us your feedback.

Our aim is to offer all our guests the best service and as such we do appreciate your honest review. I would like to advise that for your next stay you may like to ask for an additional key which you could leave in the pouch to activate the power, in order for the mini bar to cool at all times.

I hope that we have helped resolved this situation and look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit to ensure that you have a memorable experience.

Patience Eshun
Guest Services Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I spent a weekend in London with friends and we stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza, Docklands. I would highly recommend the hotel. I am a priority club member so always try to stay in Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza. I was upgraded to a junior suite - corner room with balcony overlooking river. The room was spacious, modern and clean. The staff at this hotel are wonderful - really great service and welcoming and friendly. The DLR stops right at the back of the hotel and it is only around 20 mins into the heart of London. I got the hotel deal on the ihg.com/exclusive site and paid about £70 for the room in comparison to £150 for a city centre hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A river view room is gorgeous as you look out at the O2 BUT the rooms on this side are warmer due to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cheekymonkey2673
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am also very delighted to know that you will stay with us again in the future. Your comment has been passed on to the rest of the team who I am sure will like to join me in thanking you for your generous review.

I finally want to thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back very soon and to offer you more memorable experiences.

Patience Eshun
Guest Services Manager
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We recently spent a lovely weekend in London at the Crowne Plaza, London Docklands. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it's a weekend or longer stay. The train stop is just at the back of the hotel, for travel into the city, it couldn't be easier.
Our room was immaculate and the meals are lovely. We went to a concert at the O2 just across the river, so all in all, we had a super time at the Crowne Plaza. Although a little expensive, we will definitely return when next in London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay.

I am also very happy to know that you will come back in the future. I will pass your comements onto the rest of the team who will I am sure like to join me in thanking you for your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at CP London Docklands in early April. Was greeted as a PC member by a lovely check in assistant and was given an upgrade to executive room. Room was clean and modern, and bed was exceptionally comfortable.

I was bowled over by the service of the staff and will decimate ly stay here again.

My only complaint - room was very warm. But I like a freezing cold bedroom, and you can't please everyone!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you first of all for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands, also for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback which I will ensure I pass on to the team.

It is extremely good to hear that you are so happy with the service received.

I would like to once more thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Suva, Fiji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Very nice location and rooms..just needed a little bit more attention to detail. e.g water not restocked in the room until requested..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to first of all thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza London Docklands for your booking needs and secondly for taking the time to forward such positive comments about your recent stay.

I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay. In regards to the minibar water not being restocked I will certainly let the team know about your comments.

I thank you one more time for bringing your comments to our view and I look forward to welcoming you back.