“Great place to stay on London”

Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal
Ranked #220 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great place to stay on London”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

London is a very expensive city so this hotel is good option, it's just a few steps away from a underground station so you can move to the central London very easy and tooks around 20 mins. to get there. The staff were very nice since the moment I arrived and they were very helpful too with all the directions that I nedded. The general condition of the comun areas are great and the room too was really confortable, clean and well equiped with coffee maker and a hair dryer, the size of the room is perfect not too big but not too small it's just enough to be confortable. The area of the hotel is a residential area but it has some pubs and convenience stores and a gas station (or petrol station), the hotel has a parking lot but I'm not sure if it's for the guest anyway I think in London using a car could be very tricky and expensive. The breakfast was included a clasic english breakfast some scramble eggs, sausges, apple and orage juice, toasts, bread, ceral and some fresh fruit it's fine to start the day on a city where everything is really expensive. I could rest very well there wasn't noice at night the area is very quiet even on the day, the only downside that I see is that for the internet you need to ask every day on the reception a code to access the free wifi but it isn't a big deal. In general I enjoyed the stay a lot.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank gnomo_hammer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed in This Holiday Inn a while back, the hotel is very modern and clean, the room was quite large and the prices are affordable.

It's about 20 minutes by train to the city core, not a huge deal and the stop was right behind.
There are some restaurants and pubs and grocery stores nearby,
It's almost a relief that it's not in the tourist part of town, you see a "normal" part of London.

The buffet breakfast, like the other Holiday Inn's Express In London was pretty good, it adds to the value you're getting.

Do not consider staying here though if you don't plan on taking a Metro Pass or are coming in by car, it is essential to move around

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mustsell
W36UP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We haven't changed since your last visit and you can still expect the high standards of service and facilities which we pride ourselves on.

We hope that when you are in London next, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

York, UK
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I booked this hotel because central London room rates were crazy this week and I am pleased to report that the previous positive reviews are a pretty accurate description.

The reception staff all seem genuinely happy in their jobs, especially the rather attractive young lady who warmly greeted us on arrival. Importantly, everyone was also competent and there was no problem in the hotel storing our bags for the day after we checked out.

Our rooms was exceptionally clean, adequately furnished and very little noise despite being situated on the tube station of the hotel. I won't deny that I could hear the distant rumble of trains but in fairness you'll hear noise in any hotel in London. Bed was comfortable and the flat screen TV had a very clear picture.

The breakfast was reasonable enough although I didn't care much for either the scrambled eggs or the sausages. However there's still a wide choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, bread, croissants, muffins and danish pastries so I didn't go hungry in the morning. My advice to the hotel would be to drop the hot items and use the budget to opt for cheese instead (which incidentally was listed on the board but seemingly not available).

The only other slightly negative comment is occasional lingering smell of stale tobacco in the lift after smokers have returned to their room after smoking outside.

Although I usually opt for Hiltons, I will definitely consider staying at this hotel when in London again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ibuprofenman
W36UP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Park Royal following your recent stay

To receive such glowing feedback is obviously very pleasing indeed and a testiment to the efforts made by all staff.

We look forward to looking after you again very soon!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I booked this hotel after realising I might have made a mistake in booking the Wembley Travelodge while attending a course in London.

The staff here were really helpful, considering it was a late booking and also considering I had a long drive down from the north the country after work and would not be arriving until the middle of the night. I didn't want to leave my car on the street and so they actually went outside and identified somewhere behind the barriers that I could leave my car. Car parking costs £10 per day, which I believe is a fair rate. They were consistently helpful throughout the stay.

We were put in a disabled room, which meant the bathroom was a wetroom with seats and things, but this was ok. I was disappointed there was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom (having forgotten my own), but there was cream soap in a dispenser and body wash / shampoo. There is a Tesco Express across the road so if I'd had more time I suppose I could have gone across.

The bedroom was small but very clean, with a kettle and a teabag for each guest. I think there was more coffee. There were all the amenities you would expect in a hotel room - a desk, a chair, a television. I'm not sure about a hairdryer as I brought my own just in case.

The complimentary breakfast is definitely worth having. Food is plentiful and perfectly acceptable. There's fruit juice, tea and coffee, toast, pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals and hot scrambled eggs and sausage.

The location is very good, within 2 minutes walk of North Acton tube station, which is on the central line and will take you straight into the middle. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking a road, but from the back you may see the tube. Perhaps surprisingly, for a hotel sandwiched between a road and a tube station, our sleep was undisturbed for the 2 nights we stayed, and it was not too noisy at all during the day.

Overall this was a pleasant stay. It is a fairly basic hotel, but well kept with polite and helpful staff and all the touches, like a free breakfast, that make your stay easier and more enjoyable. I've given it 4 rather than stars on the basis of very small things - like the shower not maintaining its heat, the provision of just one tea bag per guest per day, the lack of shampoo and conditioner, just relatively insignificant things that certainly would not preclude my booking to stay here again. It isn't a luxury hotel but it is a clean, comfortable, friendly and practical hotel in an convenient location, and there's a lot to be said for that in London.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank bubble771
W36UP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for the 4 star rating! and the kind comments on the staff and the rooms.

In an Express the Lux and Dove soap and shampoo only come in a dispenser. Unfortunately, they don't come in the small bottles. I am pleased that you enjoyed our free breakfast selection.

I like to think that we have rooms that overlook the scenic mountains (train side) on the one side, and tall mountain ranges (tall buildings) on the other :-) I am glad that you got a good night's rest.

Thank you for staying with us and we certainly look forward to your return!

Jackson Heights, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2012

i have stayed at express on feb 21 to feb 24 with my fam and we have to say this is the hotel to wish for while in london!!! its only 20 minutes from piccadily with the metro,which is only steps away from hotel..real plesure to come back to the room ( which is cleeeaaann!!!!!) after all day walking and exploring the city..hotel stuff is great..they answered all your questions with out usual useless talk you get at soo many other places..they provide breakfest and i can tell you : it is real thing..not some bowl with cereal and milk ....and maybe the most important thing at the end price is unbeatable at this place !!! we stayed for 3 nights for under $350...cant go wrong with this place and i mean it....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ibrro S
W36UP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
And we wish for you to return again and again...Thank you for the glowing comments on the TEAM and the rooms and I am delighed that you enjoyed our free breakfast.

We can't wait to have you and your family back!