Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock
US$ 236
US$ 364
US$ 314
  • Pool
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$ 171
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 141
US$ 218
US$ 192
US$ 707
US$ 675
Taj Hotels
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 108
1,729 results
All reviewspenthouse roomjazz cafegreat locationprimrose hillnorthern linetwo double bedstube stationregents parkbrick wallhigh streetduty managerbars and restaurantslate checklate at nightstandard roommin walkstayed here for one night
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Class act

I can honestly say this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. Not because of the fabulous Camden Lock location or the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, simply because the people who run it seem to care so passionately about what they do. You get the impression they thoroughly enjoy their work and will do everything in their power to make your stay special. I booked the Holiday Inn Camden Lock for my wife's 60th birthday and we were both amazed and thrilled by the creativity of the lovely surprises they laid on for us. Eddy, Giovanni and Bianca clearly have immense enthusiasm and a great sense of fun, yet still manage to perform their roles with finesse and dignity. A class act indeed! Thanks to all three of them and their teams, of course, for a wonderful stay. (Although I am what you might call a seasoned traveller, this is the first time I have ever been inspired to write a review for Trip Advisor. That says it all!)

Room Tip: For a unique view of London, choose a room overlooking the lock.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My teenage son and I recently stayed here for 4 nights on a trip to London. The staff at this hotel are truly outstanding! Every single staff member we met, from the front desk, to the restaurant to the cleaning crew greeted us and went above and beyond to meet our needs.

We were upgraded to a Lock view room upon check in which was a lovely surprise. The room was very clean, comfortable beds, lots of pillows and towels. Our room even had a bathtub which was nice. Patio doors which you could open (no balcony) but lovely for fresh air and enjoying the Lock view.

They serve a fantastic breakfast! Tons of choices, from traditional English Breakfast to cereals and toast and pastries. Fresh fruits and yogurts. Coffee and tea are served at table and plenty of juices to choose from as well. We never left hungry! There was literally something for everyone. Bright & clean area with lots of windows, which also serves as the hotel restaurant later in the day. I'm not usually too fond of eating at hotels for dinner but one night we were too tired to leave and were pleasantly surprised by how good the meal was. We also ordered an appetizer and drinks in the hotel lounge one evening and again great service.

Location is great for the tube, probably a 3-4 minute walk to Camden Town station. Banks, restaurants and of course Camden Market with everything imaginable. Sainsburys (local grocery market) was an easy 5 minute walk with anything that you might need. It's a lively area, so the main street can be quite busy, but once you turn off onto the street where the hotel is located it's very quiet. Great coffee shop across the way and local burger place just a minute walk.

The only thing I would have liked was free WiFi. You could purchase a block of time for a reasonable fee, but having free access especially when you are travelling and all of a sudden want to look something up would have been nice, but not a huge deal considering all the great things about this hotel.

Just a side note about Camden and this has nothing to do with the hotel. Camden is busy place! Bustling really!! Some restaurants on the Lock stay open late and there can be quite a bit of noise if you have a Lock facing room, but once the patio doors to our room were closed you couldn't hear it. So if you like to sleep with your door/window open for fresh air, probably better to get a side facing room rather than one on the Lock.

A great stay and would 100% stay here again!

Room Tip: Side facing rooms are quieter - Lock rooms can have late evening noise from the Lock area restaurants and pubs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked the Holiday Inn Camden as we had stayed there before and enjoyed our stay. This time it was just my daughter and I staying to celebrate her birthday and shop. When we arrived at the hotel as I had mentioned it was her birthday, we were escorted to her room by the manager and the room was filled with balloons, banners, a card and cake. We were also given an executive room. My 15yr old daughter was in heaven and it was a nights stay she and I will remember forever. The staff were all so lovely and helpful and the hotel as fantastic as the first time we stayed there. This hotel may be part of a big chain but it really has the personal touch and a really homely fell. I really recommend it.
I teach customer service as part of a business course and I will be using holiday inn as an example of excellent practice.
Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 305 and this was lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EconomicsTeacher
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here last year and enjoyed it, so booked the same hotel for business colleagues from Germany and myself. I had a great lock view room which was lovely, clean, and comfortable. I don't know what it is about the beds in Holiday Inn but I haven't found an uncomfortable one yet..........that and the pillows.......fab. Love the area too, lots going on and my German colleagues loved it too. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BertieDerbyshire
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We booked a penthouse (room 507) for my 45th birthday and it was wonderful. Top floor and a massive corner balcony overlooking the lock. I think some of the other penthouse rooms are bigger but this one has the best balcony. You will hear the hubbub from the market and the lock but for us it was not at all intrusive. Spectacular viiews stretching from Primrose Hill all the way round to the London Eye. We were blessed with gorgeous weather and the staff were sooo nice and courteous. Bianca and Giovanni were the duty managers I recall.

Room Tip: Room 507 - Penthouse suite. Top floor and a massive corner balcony overlooking the lock. I think some of the other penthouse rooms are bigger but this one has the best balcony. You will hear the hubbub from the market and the lock but for us it was not at at all intrusive. Spectacular viiews stretching from Primrose Hill all the way round to the London Eye.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple