Novotel London City South
US$ 244
Hotels.com
US$ 181
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 212
US$ 232
US$ 204
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 302
US$ 273
US$ 478
US$ 459
US$ 198
US$ 170
Orbitz.com
2,332 results
All reviewsborough marketsouthwark bridgesouth bankglobe theatretate modernthe sofa bedst paulsminute walktube stationexecutive roomfamily roomlondon eyemini barmodern hotelstayed here for one nightcovent gardenshard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had a brief stay at this hotel when I was attending an event over at St Pauls. A very business-like hotel it is clean functional and comfortable but nothing stands out to make it special.
It’s handy for the city and the closest hotel I could find in the sub £150 a night price range. Breakfast was nice but no surprises. A Premier Inn in on Steroids.

Room Tip: Higher you go the more quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CitySouth, Manager at Novotel London City South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts following your stay. I was disappointed to read that we failed to live up to your expectations on this occasion, however I appreciate that you could find no fault with the cleanliness of the property and we are in a great location for the city.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Which means to say that everything worked, but was by no means personal. My wife and I were very happy with he hotel and the location being only five minutes walk to the tube. As for personality one shouldn't choose a chain-hotel, so we were not surprised. Having said that it is a very well run hotel with nice staff:-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your feedback and your positive comments about our staff. We hope to see you again soon at the Novotel London City South hotel.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

On my arrival at the hotel I was greeted pleasantly and the gentleman who checked me in was rather nice. He didn't tell me about the room key being needed to operate the lift but luckily I knew what to do.

The room on the other hand was poor - for £270 a night I would expect to have curtains that don't feel like they're made from lino/plastic, and which don't have holes in them. The carpet was worn and had a very uneven appearance. The location of the toilet, separate to the bathroom was quite strange, and I didn't like not having a sink in with the toilet - how many people before me have used that toilet and then opened the door without washing their hands!? Yuk!

The paintings/artwork in the room are awful. I sincerely hope they got them for free. One looked like someone had slit their wrists and just let them bleed on paper. Very depressing.

The bed was large and comfortable although I think more pillows are needed - only one per side and they are quite flat. Luckily I was on my own so could double up.

Noise from outside (airport, industry, traffic) was quite loud (with window closed,on 9th floor).

Room service was very polite and friendly, food was good, although he seemed to hang around for a tip, which I could not give as I had no cash on me, felt a bit awkward :/

Breakfast was not great - the scrambled eggs were foamy and runny. I'm not quite sure how anyone could manage to mess up scrambled eggs, but there they managed it! The tea was only luke warm, and a bit stewed.

3  Thank travelloop

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Novotel London City South hotel.

I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your overall expectations on this occasion. At Novotel, we endeavour to provide a superior experience for every guest.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your stay with us directly. If you would be so kind as to contact me at 0207 089 0502 or you can e-mail on H3269-DM@accor.com.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here for one night and found everything fine. Marvellous breakfast, large room with everything you need. A short walk took you over the River Thames. We walked to both St Pauls Cathedral and the Tower of London from the hotel, quicker and easier than the Metro/Tube

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Good guest service at front(Mar. 13, afternoon shift, female staff).
Close by underground station.
Would recomment colleaques to stay here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CitySouth, Manager at Novotel London City South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very positive review about the hotel but more importantly about the team. I was very pleased to read you found the team very good and enjoyed the level of customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.