“Restaurant awful”

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #427 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Restaurant awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed on business on one occasion and never again. Being on your own means you don't want to go out at night searching for food, so I always tend to stick with the restaurant at the hotel.

Went to restaurant, only to be told 5 minutes later I shouldn't have just sat down, instead I should have waited at the bar to be served (there was nothing saying 'wait to be seated' and they didn't come out for 5mins! And restaurant was empty!)

Obliged, was handed the menu - choice of four main courses, burger, pasta, pizza, and a vegetarian meal. Hmm.

Was too tired to care so ordered burger. They then let me sit down. I then heard them microwaving something in the kitchen. Then I got my meal. I couldn't eat it, it was disgusting.

Complained at reception, and was informed I should have ordered a take away...

Will stick with Premier Inn in future, least you know what you're getting at that hotel. ;)

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Buttersflower
Guest_Relations_BX, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for your review. From your review I see that you stayed in November 2011 however you have written the review after 5 months. I'm sorry to note you did not have a positive experience in our Food & Beverage areas. Since November there has been lot of changes, we have a new Executive chef on board who has extensive experience. Going through your review I get the impression that you did not dine in the restaurant but in the lounge as the choice in the lounge menu is not as extensive as our restaurant menu. My team and me included are proud to be working at the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross and I find it very difficult to accept the comment you have mentioned by reception. I will of course investigate the situation and ensure the necessary corrective coaching is undertaken. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show we have moved forward in the near future.

E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was looking for a hotel in central London without success. This one was further out that I ideally wanted, but is a surprisingly quick tube journey away from the west end.
After arriving at Brent Cross tube station, a quick telephone call to the hotel and a mini bus was there in 5 minutes to take me to the hotel, just a couple of minutes from the tube station. The return journey the following morning was the same.
Food ordering was slow, and there are few places to eat nearby.
The bedroom I was given was huge, with 2 double beds.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear. No views to speak of, but no traffic noise either.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John B
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the service which I will personally deal with and ensure corrective actions are taken to meet our guests expectation and the whole dining experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Email: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

First, to all the moaners, complaining about the location, check it on google maps before booking. It is a 3 min drive to the tube with the free shuttle. If like us, missed the 11.45pm shutdown a cab cost us £5 for the family. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on food. Parking was £5 a day, as per the website. We booked via the RAC offers page (google Holiday Inn RAC). So got 2 nights for the price of 1 - £90, £100 in total for the weekend with parking, priority points and hopefully some quidco cashback as well. Bargain!! As we booked with less than a months planning, it was the cheapest by far. Betroom looked onto the brent cross shopping centre and north orbital. It was a place to sleep, not to admire the view!! It was our 2nd time staying there, and would return if it is the cheapest again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Email: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
West Midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed for one night as part of a theatre break. I had some reservations at it being so far out from central London, but in practice it is 20 minutes on the tube.
The shuttle service to and from the tube station worked well. Without it the station is difficult to get to as the hotel is surrounded by busy roads .
Staff all very friendly and the room was smart and comfortable.
Over all, the pleasant hotel, but in an odd position - super stores and roads. You would not really be able to walk out anywhere from it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 29 March 2012

e-mail:johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Herne, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Holiday Inn in Brent Cross is a typical Inn, you get what you expect. Beautiful lobby, nice stuff who was very friendly. Every question was answered in a very friendly and patient way altough my English is not very good. ;) Room was nice with a huge and comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. Breakfast was ok, very british. ;) On the other hand the room for breakfast was so full with a crowd of guests, you had to wait for a table. Stuff went through the room with coffee or tea. Nice service! But in the "rush-hour" you had to wait very long sometimes.
So I could say the hotel was a very good one, if there was not the area around.
The area "Brent Cross" is near to a huge shopping-center, which is really good. In the evening oyu can go there and buy some food or sweets, nice. Even real shopping was possible, Hollister (e.g.) can be found there.
But to come to the center is very difficult. You have to cross the huge motorway with the help of a bridge. Whole area is very grey and industrial... We decided to ignore the bridge ( way would have been longer) and used little streets.Still a long way to the tube, even after a long day in the city. Furthermore the only tube line is the famous "Northern line" you can not always trust in.. I would not go there anymore because most important thing for me is to be central. There is the possiblility to have a shuttle bus but when we wanted to use it, it had to be fixed... Ways there are to long, prefer short ones!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Lena B,
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and you found my team very friendly and professional however I have also seen your feedback on our service during rush hour please be assured I have taken your feedback seriously and we will be working on how we manage fantastic service during rush hours. It is true there was a genuine delay on our complimentary shuttle service to the Brent Cross station as we had a flat tyre however this was fixed in less than 30mins, During this period we were running taxi on request for those going to Brent Cross station only would you have informed the reception team we could have organised a taxi to the station with our compliments.
I really appreciate all your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve our service to our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
e-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com