New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #412 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Herne, Germany
“Beautiful Hotel: If it was somewhere else...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Holiday Inn in Brent Cross is a typical Inn, you get what you expect. Beautiful lobby, nice stuff who was very friendly. Every question was answered in a very friendly and patient way altough my English is not very good. ;) Room was nice with a huge and comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. Breakfast was ok, very british. ;) On the other hand the room for breakfast was so full with a crowd of guests, you had to wait for a table. Stuff went through the room with coffee or tea. Nice service! But in the "rush-hour" you had to wait very long sometimes.
So I could say the hotel was a very good one, if there was not the area around.
The area "Brent Cross" is near to a huge shopping-center, which is really good. In the evening oyu can go there and buy some food or sweets, nice. Even real shopping was possible, Hollister (e.g.) can be found there.
But to come to the center is very difficult. You have to cross the huge motorway with the help of a bridge. Whole area is very grey and industrial... We decided to ignore the bridge ( way would have been longer) and used little streets.Still a long way to the tube, even after a long day in the city. Furthermore the only tube line is the famous "Northern line" you can not always trust in.. I would not go there anymore because most important thing for me is to be central. There is the possiblility to have a shuttle bus but when we wanted to use it, it had to be fixed... Ways there are to long, prefer short ones!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Lena B,
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and you found my team very friendly and professional however I have also seen your feedback on our service during rush hour please be assured I have taken your feedback seriously and we will be working on how we manage fantastic service during rush hours. It is true there was a genuine delay on our complimentary shuttle service to the Brent Cross station as we had a flat tyre however this was fixed in less than 30mins, During this period we were running taxi on request for those going to Brent Cross station only would you have informed the reception team we could have organised a taxi to the station with our compliments.
I really appreciate all your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve our service to our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
e-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Malvern, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Brent Cross for three nights on a business trip. The location right on the North Circular Road is depressing. Quite difficult to navigate into the car park - several of my colleagues got lost trying to find it. The receptionist was friendly enough and the room had reasonable facilities. But the wake up call I booked did not happen on two mornings - I would have expected some form of apology rather than a lame shrug of the shoulders and blaming the system.
What was really poor was the food and service in the restaurant. On two out of the three mornings we were not allowed into breakfast as we were a few minutes early - even though the food was already out and congealing - the girl concerned was very offhand. On the other morning the waitress could not have been more helpful. The buffet dinner selection was truly dreadful, overcooked food that had been left out on the hotplate for a very long time and was mostly inedible - a hotel charging those prices should be able to do much better!
Location poor, room OK, restaurant awful.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear ChrisH,
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to note you did not have a positive experience at the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross. I wanted to highlight the fact that we had a buffet as well as a la carte menu which was available during your stay. I will of course investigate the situation and ensure the necessary corrective coaching is undertaken, I have certainly passed on you comments to my team so that we learn from this. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show we have moved forward in the near future.

email: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

we arrived for one night, 2 rooms, receptionist was great but thats really were it ends
rooms are clean and probably a holiday inn express standard not a holiday inn
the rooms are very hot and if you open the windows the road noise is noticeable even on the 8th floor.
be aware there is also a tesco 24 hr car park (to the left side of the hotel) 300 yds away and until 2 am cars took to racing around doing screeching "donuts" then came the police helicopter!!
food is at the best edible (and overpriced) in the resturant so try and eat elsewhere first.. didnt try breakfast as we had a 6am start
also, if you need an iron they are not in the rooms and when one did arrive are the awful cheap ones that dont have steam and add more creases than take out so again if you are travelling and need an iron, that can iron, take your own.(this cheap skate attitude in certain holiday inns to a £25 product infuriates me !!)

all in all you get what you pay for in London and its a clean room for a night, Thats IT !!
would i stay again NO id pay the extra 30 quid and stay in swiss cottage holiday inn

Room Tip: get as higher floor as possible and either at the front of the hotel (albeit that faces the busy hig...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to note you did not have a positive experience. In your comments you have mentioned that you found the room very hot I am surprised as all our rooms are fully air conditioned and we have not received any issues with AC before. Just to keep you informed that we have also invested in new iron which is already in our executive rooms and we have it on requests as well. I have already investigated the situation and ensure the necessary corrective coaching is undertaken. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show we have moved forward in the near future.

e-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Runcorn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Me and two of my friends booked this hotel as we were flying from Heathrow the next day and had travelled down from the North. We received a really friendly welcome, the room was a good size and clean. The bar staff were very friendly and the service was of a good standard. Would stay again if travelling from Heathrow as it's just a taxi ride away.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
e-mail:johnson.joseph@ihg.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Having stayed at this hotel several times over several years, I have slowly watched the decline from filthy carpets, stained bed linen, smelly shower curtains, inferior quality shower products and the list goes on, don't get me started on the terrible food quality. The staff and welcome is very warm, that's is the only good bit. The room was very noisy and we had children running above and to the side of us, at 11 at night, very annoying. I am afraid this hotel has experienced too much of a decline to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go o another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear MrsASuffolk,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We pride our selves on our level of service and Cleanliness. I am very sorry that we fell below your expectations and I would like to discuss this further. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Katie J