“Does what it says on the (HI) tin!”

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #486 of 1,069 Hotels in London
West Wilts, UK
“Does what it says on the (HI) tin!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here recently as I was working in the area. Some public areas were a little run-down and dusty, but reception was very friendly and efficient. I was upgraded to an Executive room which itself was lovely and very comfortable. But the constant noise of the (kitchen?) fans one floor below me kept awake half the night.
Just one gripe in an otherwise good stay.
Special thanks to Nobert on reception for his cheery welcome and professional manner.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Kel_WestWilts
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay however you had issues with noise of the extractor fan which has now been rectified. I have passed on your comments to Norbert who was voted Shinning Star of the week and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
e-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Guisborough, England
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Not sure if I should write this review. I stayed here this week for 2 nights and had a very good experience. The reason for my hesitancy is that if I praise it too highly I might not get in next month!
When in London my office is near Warren St Tube Station, I found that I can go from the hotel door to my office in 30 mins using the Northern Line. To me that's pretty handy for London.
I had read that there is a shuttle bus which will pick you up from Brent Cross tube station. This worked like a dream, I phoned the hotel when the train reached Golders Green and the minibus was waiting for me, 5 mins later I was dropped at the hotel door. It worked just as well when going into town. A fantastic complimentary service.
The foyer was modern and looked newly refurbished, the staff very pleasant and helpful, the rooms were standard Holiday Inn design, nothing posh just clean and tidy. Breakfast buffet was well cooked and presented, one of the better ones I've eaten.
I had a problem with my shower and reported it, when I returned to my room later in the day the shower was fixed and they had left me a hand written note of apology and a bowl of fruit !
As ever you can judge how good an organisation is on how they deal with problems, to me this is a well run friendly and effecient hotel who with a little though do make a difference.

Room Tip: I stayed on the busy road side and could hardly hear the traffic, but I'm guessing it would be q...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I can assure you that you will have a wonderful stay like the one you had this time around.
Leicester
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here the night before New Year's Eve as we were already booked in to a central London hotel for the following night and wanted to avoid the crowds travelling down on New Year's Eve. This hotel is located on the North Circular, opposite the (in)famous Brent Cross shopping centre - accessible via a footbridge over the road (fans of sixties town planning will love it!). The hotel is about a mile from Brent Cross tube station and runs a very convenient shuttle between the hotel and the station (available on request).

The only down side was that we got to the bar too late to request the Liverpool v Newcastle game on the big screen - someone had beaten us to it and asked them to put darts on. In all fairness the staff offered to run us (with some other guests) in the shuttle bus to a local pub that was showing the game!

Positives:
- The quickest check-in I have ever experienced (they must have got it ready when we called in for the shuttle to pick us up!)
- Helpful staff
- The shuttle service - without this it would make the hotel very difficult to reach by public transport

Negatives:
- Only one big screen in the bar (and it had darts on it!!).
- Not really much in the locality apart from the shopping centre and some major roads!

Overall: a pleasant hotel which situated well for Brent Cross & Golders Green

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Decent stay, initial complication cause of issues with the Northern Line being closed last weekend making it difficult to get to the hotel if you were relying on the tube. I backtracked to baker street and caught the bus (drop at Maplewood ) school and walk 10 minutes around the corner. Fine at night but lots of traffic approaching the shopping centres in the morning on this road so be careful. Not sure if the hotel offers a shuttle to the bus terminus at the shopping centre too.

Receptionist on arrival after all the travel problems was friendly and was upgraded as a PC platinum which was very welcome. Room was clean and had a lovely large LCD TV. Good stay, prompt room service. No issues on checkout.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank G L
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay. Im pleased to note you enjoyed it.
UK
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This hotel has easy links to Central London using the underground, but a shuttle bus is necessary to get to and from the station. Luckily, Shaman and James, the wonderful helpful shuttle bus drivers are always there! Good values and nice breakfasts.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operation Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
I have passed on your comments both to Shabani and James who are delighted to hear that they are doing a good job in making our guests happy!